Chapter 20 Playing Cupid

Swimming always relaxed me and right now I was more than relaxed. After Dylan and Connor went up stairs with I decided to go for a swim. I have been in the pool for about 1hr and I am not ready to get out, the water felt to good.

I started to sing When I look at you by Miley Cyrus.

"Everybody needs inspiration

Everybody needs a song

A beautiful melodyWhen the nights are long'Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easyYeah when my world is falling apart
When there's no light
To break up the dark
That's when I, II look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home any more
That's when I, I
I look at you."

"Who are you crushing on?"

I jumped, I wasn't expecting anyone to come out here.

"Caleb, what the hell? You can't sneak up on someone like that."

He let out a little chuckle. " Sorry, and you didn't answer my question." He said raising an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes, but also blushed a little. "I don't have to be crushing on someone to sing that song, stupid."

"No, but you were singing it really passionately. Also you didn't say you didn't have a crush."

Did I? I had been so caught up in this whole Thomas thing I hadn't had time to think about anything else. I didn't want admit I might have a slight one on Caleb, but come on i couldn't be true. Maybe it was just because he had been there for me lately, yeah I'll go with that.

I was now suddenly feeling nervous around Caleb. Stop it Emma, you can't like him. I could feel my face warming up, this wasn't good.

"Maybe I do, what's it to you?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

He face change slightly, kind of like Thomas's did at the ice cream shop.

"Mmm..so you getting out anytime soon? because your dad wants to see you after you get out." he said walking back toward the door.

"Yeah, I'm getting out right now." I stood up and realized I had forgotten a towel.

I turned toward Caleb to ask him if he could get me a towel, but when I looked back he was just staring at me, which made me feel really self conscious about my body.

I snapped my fingers in front of Caleb's face. "Caleb, my eyes are up here."

This caused Caused Caleb to blush, like really blush. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the floor.

"Sorry, I....well I was just....look I can't help it I'm a guy."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, I need a towel please. I forgot to grab one when I came out here."

He nodded his head and went back inside, while I was waiting for him to come back I laid in one of the long chairs and tried to dry off a little from the sun.

"Here buttercup." Caleb said as he throw the towel on me.

"Thanks."

He walked back into the house and after I dried off a bit, I went up to my room to get changed. After that I walked back down stairs trying to find my dad. I went to the kitchen and seen Mary, but that was it.

"Hey Mary, have you seen my dad?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"Yeah, I think he is in the bedroom sweetie."

"Thanks." I said turning around heading for the stairs.

"Wait Emma." Mary called out.

I turned around and faced Mary.