Chapter. 22 gazing at stars

When the clock finally hit 1:00 I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. I was so nervous, I didn't know how this was going to go.Part of me wanted to run down to caleb, but the other part said he was just going to break my heart.

I slowly got up out of my bed making sure not to wake up Winter. I walked down the stairs quietly and softly, I didn't want one of the boys waking up and asking questions I didn't have the answers to. When I reached the back door, I took a deep breath and then grabbed the handle and stepped out onto the deck. I looked over toward the porch swing and seen Caleb there looking up at the sky, like we always did when we were out here.

I walked over toward him and sat down on the swing, causing him to look away from the sky and move his concentration to me. I looked at him and he looked at me then a big smile formed onto his face, which caused a smile to form on my face. If he was smiling than that meant that he wasn't going to say he didn't like me and that kissing me was a mistake.

"You should smile more, it looks good on you." He said getting a little closer.

I already new I was blushing like crazy, but I hoped that he couldn't see it because of the darkness.

"Thanks, but I think you're the one who needs to be taking that advice. " I said with a small chuckle.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke. "So we need to talk about what happened." He said not looking at me.

Oh no, we was afraid to look at me. Does that mean that he was going to say he wanted me to forget that it ever happened.

"I already know what you're going to say, that it was a mistake and you want me to forget. Just get it out already." I said getting upset, I didn't need him dragging me along.

He looked back at me and raised an eyebrow slightly, " Buttercup, why would I do that?"

"Because I'm me and you're you. I'm nothing special."

He chuckled at my reaction.

"Buttercup, you have no idea how special you are."

I blushed at his words, I didn't know what to do. I wasn't good at this kind of thing, I was really awkward and shy.

"So then what.....what's going to happen between us?" I asked, scared of the answer.

He took a deep breath,

"Well for now we have to keep this a secret."

He said point to both of us.

"We can't risk Thomas finding out about this.I also don't know how people are going to react, I mean you are my step sister."

We were now sitting as close as you could get without sitting on his lap, but I didn't mind I felt safe there.

"Yeah, I am just nervous what if this thing with Thomas goes down hill? What if I mess things up for you guys?"

I asked looking down, I was to scared to meet his eyes. I was afraid of what they would tell me.

"You're not going to mess things up, they're already bad."

He paused a lifted my head with his finger and look me straight in the eye.

"I won't let anything happen Emma, I promise." He said looking as serious as ever.

With him so close and all of this tension I couldn't help myself. I closed the space between us and kissed him hard. He responded rather quickly and began to kiss me back. We kissed for what seemed like forever, but we had to come up for air sometime.