Chapter 2

Lance half opened his eyes to find himself in a bed. His vision was blurry and his head was clouded. It was as if a fog had settled on his mind and he was unable to clear it.

Attempting to recall yesterday's events, he threw his feet over the side of the bed, expecting to meet the cool metal floor of the castle. Instead he was greeted with a carpet of some sort, soft but unfamiliar.

Lance's eyes snapped open as he surveyed his surroundings, a sense of unease growing on him. He was in a lavishly decorated room: drapes in deep purple, a plush purple carpet and delicate fripperies garnishing the room. As stunning as this room was - and it truly was stunning, like he had just walked into a fairytale - a sense of unease settled on him.

He attempted to stand but purple swirls flashed before his eyes and his head spun like a top. The cloud around his thoughts intensified and his legs gave way, planting him back down on the bed roughly.

The bed. The bed... The bed? Whose bed is this? Lance whipped around quickly (a little too fast for his spinning head) and looked at the bed.

It was a king sized double bed with luxurious red sheets over it. That didn't concern him though, what did concern him was that a small mound lay behind him under the covers.

He had no idea where he was or how he got there but if there was someone else under that comforter he was going to scream. Gingerly, Lance lifted the covers with a single finger, fear and curiosity filling him.

Thankfully, it was just a second blanket, bunched up, making a shape not unlike a body.

A sigh of relief escaped Lance and he attempted to stand again. Though slightly wobbly, the blue paladin managed to maintain his balance and took a few steps forward. Where was he?

He walked around the perimeter or the room, poking at the ornaments and expensive looking trinkets. The bedroom was expansive and slightly intimidating and the expensive decor made him feel like he was in a museum.

He ran his hand along the wall, feeling the textured wallpaper against his fingertips, as he attempted to recall what had happened. It was like living in a daze; he was unsure why he was here, where here was or whether it was good or bad.

Every time he thought about it too hard his head would fog up again and he would wobble. He stumbled and fell against the wall, bumping against it hard. This didn't stop him though, he kept his mind focused on remembering - well, as focused as it could be as a grey fuzz settled on it.

Lance kept struggling to remember until he vision began to blur. Coloured lights swam before him and before he knew it he didn't know what he was thinking about.

He sat slumped on the floor and against the wall, watching the flashes of colour dance around him. He gently rocked his head from side to side. The paladin was unsure what to feel, what to do or how to act.

So he did nothing.

Lance was unsure how long he stayed on the floor, curled up and feeling completely out of it. The colours had long since disappeared and his head rush had subsided ages ago yet there he sat: rocking his head back and forth quietly.

The world around him was hazy and his mind felt clouded, everything indistinct like the world itself was out of focus. He didn't know how long he sat there, there was nothing to mark the passing of time.

Eventually, he decided to get to his feet and head to the door of the room. To his surprise, the door opened with no problems, there was no lock or anything. Tentatively, he peeked out the door and prayed there was nobody waiting out there for him.

Thankfully, his prayers were answered and he slinked out the room. In an attempt to be stealthy, Lance pressed himself against the wall as he made his way down a lengthy hallway.

He stopped when he came to another doorway an popped his head into the room. Not seeing anyone in the room, he walked into it and surveyed his surroundings.

Directly in front of the boy was a full length mirror and for the first time Lance actually looked at what he was wearing. Instead of his normal hoodie, jeans and overcoat, he was dressed in black leggings and a dark purple oversized jumper. He didn't even have shoes on!

He was unsure how he missed this change of attire but put it down to his drowsy state. The question of who changed him and why lingered in his mind but he quickly pushed them to the back in order to focus.

Now he had come to terms with his unfamiliar (yet strangely flattering) outfit, he once again scanned the room: looking for anything that may prove to be helpful. Nothing immediately grabbed his attention but he mentally noted the location of the room should he need to come back, before he turned on his heels and walked back out.

He had only made it a few feet before his head pounded and he fell to his knees. The fog in his mind the blanked out memories felt like it was being forcefully cut through by a sword.

While his memory was still fragmented and indiscernible, something came through to him. Eyes. Purple eyes.

He didn't know who they belonged to and he couldn't work out what emotion they possessed. They shifted from being light, joking and kind to dark, aggressive and scary. They went from being large and familiar to unknown and chilling. They went from being one if his closest friends to a stranger.

This conflicting unease was enough to drag Lange to his feet and turn him back around. He wasn't aware he was walking until he suddenly came to his senses and found himself back in the expensive looking bedroom, his spine pressed against the wall of the extravagantly decorated room for support.

There he stood, unsure and alone. He longed for someone to hold him and tell him its going to be alright. He needed to be with someone before he went insane.

As if to answer his wish, the door slid open and footsteps came towards Lance.

Lance looked upwards in shock, meeting the stare of the person in front of him. What met his gaze were a pair of eyes. Purple eyes.

**********

Whoa, how exciting! Is it keith or is it lotor? Honestly, im not sure yet but i guess we'll see how it goes. Incase you weren't aware, the song in this is "dazzle me" by "oh wonder".
I had originally intended for the song to be "please be naked" by "the 1975" but i felt like lance was too active for the dream like tone of the song. I decided on dazzle me due to its references to money, in a link to the decor.
Anyways, i hope this doesn't suck, thanks for reading etc etc.

Also, i literally broke my rib (no exaggeration) and it hurts so bad lmao