Chapter 26

Art credit: magimagali on tumblr
***
Lance was perched on the end of his bed. He had tried to sleep to no avail and had simply resorted to sitting and waiting.

Initially his heart raced and his mind whirred, anxious thoughts flitting around his mind, but as time went on he began to feel less and less. His body began to feel foreign and his vision felt like he was watching his life on a screen. His thoughts became muted and his brain seemed to drift off in this dreamlike state.

His eyes blankly scanned the wall in front of him and his fingers absentmindedly scratched at his palm, touching a hand that didn't feel like his own. His thoughts crawled, one flowing into each other with little distinction. Time seemed to warp as all means to document its passing had faded away.

He barely noticed when the door to his room slid open and heavy boots walked in. His body reacted as he looked up to greet the person but his mind remained blank. Lance stared at a buckle on Lotor's shoe, fixated on a small pattern, while Lotor strided in front of the boy.

The prince dove into a lecture and Lance nodded along quietly, everything said going straight over his head. Eventually the scolding subsided and he felt a forefinger and thumb clasp his jaw gently.

Lotor sighed heavily, "And now I have to fix this. I have to deal with the mess you've made. Do you have any idea how stressful this is?" He removed his hand from Lance's face and turned away. The Galran strode out of the room, turning his head at the door to say "Get changed, we're going out." before leaving Lance in silence once again.

Lance sighed, rubbing his face tiredly before standing up. He had experienced many a sleepless night since he started staying with Lotor so  he had become used to running on fumes.

He changed into some clothes in his dresser, his classic white and blue shirt and jeans. He walked to the bathroom and tiredly scrubbed at his face with water in a vain attempt to energise him.

The paladin wandered back into the bedroom and reached for the small box he kept tucked under the bed; he pulled it out and carefully removed the lid. He very timidly took out his hoodie and pressed it to his nose, desperately searching for any remnants of the smell of his home.

He tucked the garment back into the box and closed the lid, gently sliding it back under the bed.

At that moment Lotor stuck his head through the door and scowled down at Lance. "Why are you on the floor?" He demanded, "Whatever, it doesn't matter. Get up. We're leaving."

Lance nodded and shuffled to the door, keeping his head low. "We're going to Raimin's." He announced and Lance suppressed a shudder. He had gone to Raimin's before and it was not a place he liked.

It was a seedy bar where Lotor would go to blow off steam. It was filled with unsavoury characters, most of which liked to get a little too friendly with Lance; Lotor normally fended them off with a possessive arm around the paladin's waist but Lance somehow doubted that would be the case today.

The nights there were often spent drinking, doing drugs and talking loudly. He hated spending time there as he was grabbed at and leered at like a prize.

Lance grimaced and walked through the door, following Lotor with his head bowed and his gaze lowered. The main door to the ship opened and Lotor immediately stormed out, leaving Lance to skitter behind him nervously. The entered the bar are the tense silence between the two was immediately met with roaring laughter and loud conversation.

The bar was slightly shabby and dark, the dingy atmosphere making it perfect for the type of people that went there. Lotor sat down at a bar stool and immediately clicked his fingers for a drink. Lance lingered being him, unsure of where he should go. As if he knew his thoughts, Lotor turned his eyes to him and spat out a short "Don't sit with me."

The paladin nodded and shuffled to an empty booth where he sat on the worn leather seat, fiddling with his fingers. He wasn't alone for long as one of Lotor's friends slid into the booth with him; his name was Naylo and he wasn't too bad in the grand scale of things but tended to be pretty high most of the time.

"Hey pal," Naylo said while he settled in his seat, "You pissed off Lotor again?"

Lance nodded and kept his gaze low. The paladin thought deeply for a couple seconds then looked up at the Galran in front of him. He took a deep breath then said "Got anything fun on you?"

A sly grin formed on Naylo's face; "Straight edge gone bad I see." He then pulled out a small baggy with what looked like multicoloured pop rocks in it, "You know I do."

Lance smiled slightly nervously and announced "Let's get wild."

**********

Hi! Sorry this took forever, im sure nobody is going to read this bc nobody even remembers the story but here i am :/
Ive had a tough couple months but... Thanks for sticking with it, comments saying things like "please update, i love this" are the only reason i finished this

We nervous for the final season?

Vote & comment please