Chapter 17

Keith stumbled out of the healing pod, promptly falling into a pair of arms. He looked up to find Hunk looking down at him, concern covering the yellow paladin's face. Four equally worried heads popped up from behind Hunk's shoulders, all staring at Keith expectantly.

Keith stabled himself carefully and stepped out of Hunk's grasp. He decided to get everything over and done with as fast as possible; "Lance isn't coming back. I think he's completely pledged his allegiance to the Galra Empire, more specifically Lotor."

Gasp and exclamations of disbelief filled the room until they were all hushed by Shiro loudly asking "Are you certain? We had so much evidence suggesting otherwise."

The red paladin shook his head. "I'm certain. I don't really want to talk about it right now but trust me when I say he no longer cares about the team." Keith shrugged in an attempt to shake off the memories that flitted through his mind.

Before he could stop it, tears sprung to his eyes and his breath was beginning to get faster and faster. Before anybody noticed - and before Shiro could stop him - Keith darted out of the room, desperately rubbing at his eyes and blinking rapidly.

You're not wanted. You're not wanted. You're not wanted.

The door slid shut behind him and he broke into a wild sprint. He didn't know where to go, he just wanted to run away from his thoughts.

As he dashed around the castle corridors, an idea popped up in his mind. Suddenly, he knew where he was running.

-----

Lance was in the dark enclosed room once again. The dark was like a safety blanket, a chrysalis of protection. Lance was sprawled across the sofa, taking up about half of the seats. It was so nice! The sofa had enough space for both Lance and Lotor to both lay down and still have enough room. It really was the perfect size for just the two of them.

Lance fiddled with some gadget Lotor had gifted him while he waited for the prince to return. In all honesty, he had never felt so appreciated: constantly showered in praise, presents and attention.

Sure, occasionally Lance would slip up and forget and rule and be punished for that but that's fair. It's his fault for making that mistake in the first place.

The doors opened slowly and Lance heard the distinctive click of Lotor's shoes. Instantly, the younger male sprung up from the couch and darted up to the prince.

Lotor offered out his cheek expectantly and Lance instinctively kissed it, following the routine he had grown accustomed to. Lotor grinned and gently held Lance's face in one of his hands. He pulled him closer and gently kissed him, only lightly brushing their lips.

Lance pouted at the anticlimactic interaction, folding his arms over his chest. Lotor laughed quietly, "Oh my dear star, always so quick to throw a strop. You're lucky I put up with you, nobody else would put up with such a terror." Lotor reached out and tweaked Lance's nose, making them both giggle fondly.

They made their way to the sofa, taking their unofficial official designated spaces: Lotor on the left, Lance on the right.

Lotor tapped his lap twice and Lance quickly placed his head on the galra's thighs, relishing in the feeling of Lotor running his hands through Lance's hair.

Lotor spoke absentmindedly about everything he had accomplished while he was away. Apparently it was a very successful event and Lance should be really proud of him. Honestly, the Cuban boy was unsure what he would do with himself if he didn't have Lotor.

This was good.

This was all he needed.

**********

Art credit: @ kofifactory on insta

Heyo! This is short and shitty but i feel like it demonstrates an important dynamic between lance and lotor. Also what is keith doing???? Its a mystery

Im going on holiday for two weeks and I'll basically have no wifi that entire time so i wont be updating for a while, soz lads

Im dying, school work is killing me (hence this chapter being so bad) and i have to get up and leave my house in like 3 hours to go to the airport, wtf am i doing still being awake.

TYSM FOR 10K, IM FLOORED!!

See ya