Chapter 10

Lance was beginning to get more accustomed to Lotor's touch. He had learnt to hide his shudders when Lotor suddenly hugged him from behind. He had learnt to pretend to enjoy the surprise kisses. He had learnt to smile when all he wanted to do was cry.

He was such a good actor, sometimes he fooled himself. He would begin to panic that he had really betrayed the team: that he really was a traitor.

There were just a few too many times where he would genuinely nuzzle into Lotor's side. There were a couple kisses in which he would relish in Lotor's touch. There were several times in which he would forget he doesn't want to be here.

Truth be told, Lance was scared. At what point will it stop being an act?

Lance sat perched on the end of a long couch, tense and on edge. Despite the soft, cushy material of the seat, Lance was far from comfortable. The room he was in was dark and intimidating and quite small compared to all the other rooms. The only contents of the room was the velvet sofa, what appeared to be a fireplace and a tall, narrow door.

The floors and walls were a dark purple - almost black - and absorbed the majority of the light, making the room seem a lot darker and closer. The settee was black and could easily fit 7 people, yet only Lance was there. It felt empty.

The couch faced a small, squared cavity in the wall where a yellow glowing stone emitted light and heat: not unlike a flame. The comforting crackle of fire was missing and Lance was instead left in an eerie silence.

The door behind him crept open and somebody stepped in. The paladin didn't bother to turn around, he already knew who itroom.

"Guess what I have..." Lotor hummed cheerfully. Lance mumbled something incoherent in response, still looking straight forward at the fireplace.

"Well, come take a look! I just know you'll love it." Lotor chirps, taking a few steps into the room. Lance didn't even begin to move, he stared blankly ahead of him. He couldn't allow himself to get attached to a monster like him.

Lotor coughed loudly. "My star? I think you should come over here. Now, please."

Nothing.

"Lance. Come over."

Still, no movement.

The prince dropped whatever he was holding and stormed over to be standing in front of Lance. He grabbed his jaw violently, his nails digging painfully into Lance's soft cheeks.

Lotor yanked the paladin's head upwards and glared at him. "I asked you to do something." He narrowed his eyes. "Why didn't you do it?"

Lance shrugged, his mouth flapping open a few times before closing, to stunned to say anything. Was this the real Lotor? He almost hoped it was, so he would have a reason to hate him.

Instantly, Lotor softened. He switched his grip to be a soft touch, cupping Lance's face. "Oh my star, I'm so sorry." He leant his forehead against Lance's. "I just wanted to do something nice for you and you ignored me."

Once again, the paladin forgot himself and allowed himself to get lost in Lotor. He stood up and hugged Lotor, looping his arms around his neck. "I'm sorry, Lo. Here, why don't you show me what you wanted to?" Lance said in an attempt to console Lotor.

The prince beamed and darted across the room, holding up the previously dropped item. In his hands was a two piece outfit: a white pair of trousers and a red tunic, held together by gold clasps.

Red was never particularly his colour. It has always belonged to...

But somehow he thought that this might just work. At the very least, he would try it to make Lotor happy.

"Well... What are you waiting for? Try it on!" Lotor grinned from out behind the clothes. Lance grabbed up the clothes and dashed into the hallway to get changed.

He ran up to the room with the mirror to see what the outfit looked like. Once again, it fit like a glove and looked just right... Maybe he should start to wear red more often.

Lance peered closer at his reflection. Tiny cuts were scattered across his smooth cheeks, irritated and red. He winced and poked at the marks lightly. They were a grim reminder of the reality of the situation. The paladin sighed before heading out into the hall and back to Lotor.

His mind was racing as he struggled to consolidate his opinion of the prince. He came to the entrance of the room and paused. He took a breath. Quickly, he plastered on a smile and confidently sauntered towards Lotor. "How do I look?" Lance asked.

Lotor gave him a crooked grin. "Good enough to make me want to take those clothes off."

Lance blushed, looking oddly similar to his shirt, before Lotor grabbed his hand and pulled him out the room quickly.

"But not now," Lotor said, "We have something to attend to first."

His bare feet pattered against the ground lightly while Lotor's boots met the floor with a solid clack. "Where are we going" Lance questioned as he was pulled down corridor after corridor.

A wry smile settled on the prince's face. "I just thought we could pay your old teammates a little visit."

**********

Hey! I thought i knew where this chapter was going but apparently i didn't. Life is just full of surprises.

Wow Sam, back at it again with the Evanescence. The song is called Exodus and its not too closely linked to the chapter but like,,,, did you hear those chord progressions! How could i not use it for a chapter.

For anyone curious, the next chapter should focus on the other paladins rather than lance, like the last couple chapters have done.

I hope you enjoy this! Vote and comment etc. (Seriously, your comments give me LIFE)

mkay bye!