Chapter 21

Art credit: Ashhdraws (picture is edited)

**********

Lotor smiled down at Lance and he grinned back up at him, timidly. The prince looped his arms around the smaller man's waist and tugged him close. He leant down and lightly bit and Lance's neck, smirking as he felt a low moan vibrate from the paladin.

Lance was his. Lotor had spent so much time prepping and testing him to ensure he stayed loyal and it had finally paid off. He ran is nose along Lance's jaw, savouring the feeling as his warm breath sent shivers down the younger man's spine.

It was finally time; he could take Lance out and trust him to stay by his side. He lifted the paladin's shirt, just enough for his hands to slip under, and slightly dug his nails in.

"Do you want me?" He asked in a low demanding voice. "Yes." Lance replied instantly, pressing himself to the prince. He dug his nails in harder, chuckling slightly as Lance gasped, not caring whether it was in pain or pleasure.

"Do you need me?" Lotor urged. "Yes." Lance said breathlessly, writhing against the prince's body desperately. Good. Lotor thought to himself. He pulled away slightly though kept his hands on the paladin's waist and then looked down at him happily.

"I want to take you to a ball." Lotor announced suddenly, "I waste so much of my time with you seeing to my work and I think it's finally time to merge the two."

Lance's eyes gleamed with joy and he began hopping from foot to foot excitedly. "You're quite the prince charming, I have to admit." He said gleefully. Lotor smiled, he didn't entirely understand what Lance was talking about but it sounded positive so that was enough for him.

"When is it? I have nothing to wear! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited!" Lance babbled happily before the prince placed a finger to his lips and replied, "Come; all will be revealed."

Lotor took his hand and led him through to a part of the ship he had never been to. Lance rarely explored the ship past the few main rooms he stayed in (the bedroom, bathroom, dining room, living room and the dark room) and once Lotor had got mad at him - rightfully so - for "snooping around where he did not belong" so he tried to keep all wandering to a minimum.

The came to a halt in front of a double doorway and Lotor gestured for Lance to go inside. The paladin stepped into the room and gasped. The room wasn't particularly large, maybe about six by ten feet, but along the two longer walls were lined with clothes. From elegant gowns to shorts and crop tops, there was every outfit Lance could imagine.

At the end of the room was an enormous vanity stacked with various makeup palettes and products. Lance gasped again and Lotor gave a small chuckle from outside the door. "Like it?" The prince said with a laugh. "Love it." Lance said airily.

Lotor clapped his hands together once, "Well then, time for you to get ready. The ball is tonight and I want everyone to see me accompanied by the most beautiful person there."

Without even having to look, Lotor could tell Lance was beaming and bouncing up and down, joyously. It made a small smile come to the prince's face - though he'd never admit it - to see him so happy. He walked away from the door to go and get changed himself, the slight grin still sitting on his face.

Lance happily played around when his makeup, experimenting with golds and blacks, before settling on a look he was happy with. He then switched to clothes, swapping between suits and dresses, seeing what would best match his makeup.

He bit his lip lightly (careful not to destroy his carefully done lipstick) as he chose between a short black dress and a longer silver one, with gold claps holding it together and a slit up the side. He held them both in front of him, switching back and forth and peering at himself in the mirror ahead of him. In the end, he settled on the silver as the material glistened and shimmered as if the stars themselves had been sewn into the fabric. He matched it with lots of gold jewellery, bangles and chains hanging of everywhere.

He donned the dress and pattered out the door to find the prince. He found Lotor in their bedroom, wearing a black and burgundy suit, his long hair tied back: making his face look even more angular, and his cheekbones more pronounced. Lotor smiled the moment he saw Lance, standing up and crossing the room to wrap his arms around him.

"You're shining, my star." He whispered in his ear, making Lance giggle. The prince grasped his hand and led the paladin to the ships doors. As they stopped in front of them, Lotor gave Lance a small smile and linked arms. The doors opened and the couple stepped out into the open

They exited the ship and entered a large building in front of them. They walked in together and Lance gasped; they found thenselves in a large hall with white walls and floors not unlike the castle. There were trays of food and drinks drifting about the room and people picked and nibbled while they danced.

There was a band playing instruments that Lance didn't recognise but was not unlike a modern orchestra. Pairs danced regally to the lilting waltz playing and the paladin couldn't help himself when he pulled Lotor into the middle of the room and started dancing with him.

Time seemed to stretch on for eternity as they danced together - broken up only by the occasional diplomat stopping them to talk to Lotor. As the evening progressed, this happened more and more frequently and Lance was beginning to feel awkward simply standing at the prince's side and not saying anything.

He didn't entirely understand what was being discussed and even when he did, he was too unsure as to what side of the war he was on to contribute. To make up for this, whenever their dancing was broken up, Lance would simply grab an item from whatever tray was drifting past at the time; sometimes it was a drink, sometimes it was food. Honestly, it didn't matter as long as it made Lance feel like he was doing something, rather than just standing around.

As time passed and Lance had been thrust into mant more uncomfortable situations - forced to stand like a trophy wife - he had picked up many drinks and was starting to get a little giggly. As Lotor wrapped his hand around Lance's waist, he could feel him wobble from side to side just a little bit.

The dancing resumed and the prince noticed Lance was a little less composed than before, his eyes wandering around the room and his movements becoming more unruly. Were it in their own home, it wouldn't have bothered Lotor but it was their first public appearance together and the paladin was starting to get a little giddy.

Lance, on the other hand, was entirely smitten. He was swept up in Lotor's presence and completely gleeful. He didn't even mind as the prince pulled him a little harder, in a vain attempt to steady him. His eyes swiftly flickered around the room, trying to take in every detail. That's when he saw him.
_____

Keith adjusted his tie uncomfortably, his fingers stumbling a little bit. The team had coordinated there attire, all donning black suits and dress shirts with the respective colour ties. The only variations were Pidge and Allura - in colour coordinated dresses - and Hunk, sporting a yellow bowtie rather than a regular one.

Keith had grumbled greatly about this, finding it quite embarrassing, but Coran insisted, saying it was a great opportunity to "show how coordinated Voltron is, both in war and wardrobe".

The moment they entered the hall, the red paladin felt out of place and he grabbed the nearest drink to rectify this. He followed the various other paladins around, chipping in on a few conversations they had with other guests.

He had planned to spend the event with Shiro but Shiro had tried to stop Keith as he reached for another glass. That left Keith with no choice but to skulk of in order to finish his drink. He flitted between Hunk, Pidge and Allura before drifting to the corner of the hall, resigning himself to just trying to listen to the orchestra over the hum of conversation.

He had almost completely zoned out when he felt a tap on his shoulder and heard a familiar voice, saying "Care to dance, pretty boy?"

**********

Yikes this took two months. I was constantly writing but it never felt quite right and i got frustrated so in the end i just rushed out the second half of this (and i think you can tell)

This entire chapter was just an excuse to use the art

Please vote and comment and stuff, it makes me really happy

See ya later, my dudes