Chapter 25

Keith sat alone, tapping the table rhythmically and staring at the two glasses in front of him. His glass was empty while Lance's sat there, untouched. He sighed and stood up from his seat, pushing off the table with both hands.

In his haste to stand he knocked over the full glass. He stared at it blankly as the liquid soaked into the table cloth before heading over to Pidge, who was mingling with some of the locals. Without waiting for a pause in the conversation, Keith tapped Pidge on the shoulder and announced "I'm leaving." and swiftly turned on his heels and out the hall.

Pidge hastily apologised to the alien she was speaking to and excused herself from the conversation. She rounded up the rest of the paladins and led them to Keith, who was outside the castle with his arms folded across his chest.

Shiro took one look at him and sighed, walking over and placing a comforting hand on the younger man's shoulder and turned to him. "What wrong, Keith?" He asked tentatively. Keith simply grunted and turned his head away from him, shrugging Shiro's hand off of his shoulder.

"Whatever it is you're going through, you kno-"
"I don't want to hear it, Shiro." Keith interrupted sharply, "Can we just go?" He pleaded.

Shiro sighed again and continued to urge him, "I really think we should talk about this" he said, pursing his lips. The red paladin grunted and barged past Shiro, mumbling "Forget it.", and stormed away from the castle.

Shiro put his face in his hand and let out an exasperated groan. Pidge reached out and gave him a couple pats on the back in an attempt to console him. Allura suggested heading inside to wait for him to return and everyone agreed, other than Hunk.

"I just want to check that he's alright. I'll be right back." He said, sprinting off into the darkness of the night.

Keith had been pacing in the gardens, feeling frustrated and trapped. Shiro's persistence had not helped the matter and he felt more wound up than before. He paused his pacing for a second and ran his hands through his hair, letting out a shaky breath.

He was about to head back when he heard a rustling in the shrubs around him. His eyes scanned the area and when he found nothing out of the ordinary he simply shrugged and continued to walk. The paladin had only taken a couple steps when he felt a hand clamp around his mouth tightly and a gun press to his temple.

He went to summon his bayard before realising he was in his suit, defenceless. A second pair of hands wrapped around his wrists and a second later he felt a tight pair of handcuffs click around his wrists.

"You have an audience with the prince!" A jovial voice whispered in his ear, "Best not keep him waiting." they hissed.

And with that, Keith was pushed forward and he was led into the night.

**********

Haha do you remember when i could write? Me neither

Im tired and the heat is making my phone glitch which makes writing this unbearable. Sorry for slow updates

Idk what im doing