Chapter 11

"I'm just saying, if we can't form Voltron without him, we should devote all our time trying to find him!" Keith threw his hands up into the air, exasperated.

Shiro placed a firm clasp on Keith's shoulder, knowing full well that he may dart off any second now. "I understand that Keith, but the team has been on edge ever since we got back from that mission." He made direct eye contact with Keith, pleading him. "We need to rest if we're to come up with an effective plan and there's no way we'll be able to retrieve him in this state."

Keith let his arms drop to his side and shrugged Shiro's arm off him. He slumped into his seat and began picking at his food.

"Right." Shiro said, addressing the team, "We're going to take the next two Quintents resting and recharging. We have nothing planned so do what you want with your time; just be sure you're in peak condition when we need to get going."

Shiro turned to face Keith. "You need to sleep. Since you've come back from the mission you have done nothing but train." Keith opened his mouth im defence before Shiro cut him off "I'm not having it. Hunk, can you make sure he sleeps."

Hunk nodded adamantly and began to make his way over to Keith. At some point during his lecture, Shiro's arm had once again found it's way to the red paladin's shoulder. Keith brushed his hand off again and waved Hunk away from his side before quickly standing and making his way out of the room.

After the doors shut with a smooth click, Hunk quickly darted after Keith. "I'll look after him!" He promised before disappearing through the doorway.

The rest of the team disbanded, using their free time to partake in some much needed self care.

Hunk bounded down the long hallways, following the rhythm of Keith's heavy footsteps. He quickly caught up with the red paladin and adjusted to walk in tandem with him.

They were quiet before a few moments before Hunk took the responsibility of conversation upon himself; "So you said you don't think Lance actually wants to be there?"

Keith muttered something in response, crossing his arms like an angry toddler. Hunk continued, regardless of Keith's reluctance to speak. "Yeah that sounds like him. Back at the Garrison, he was always willing to take a beating just so everyone else didn't have to." Hunk paused, staring off blankly. "Sometimes literally."

Keith allowed his arms to drop slowly and tentatively looked up at Hunk, who was now miles away. "So Lance sacrificed himself a lot?" He asked gently. Not because he cared though. Keith couldn't care less whether Lance still cared for the team or not. He wouldn't care if Lance actually liked Prince Lotor either. He just wanted to know to find out what the best course of action was. He didn't care.

The bigger man chucked fondly, "Oh yeah, big time. Always willing to take one for the team." Hunk slowed to a halt and turned to face Keith, "Surely you remember that he saved Coran from that explosion?"

Keith nodded, recalling the day vividly. "But why though? Doesn't he care that he could get hurt?" Keith slumped against the wall, folding his arms again with a small pout beginning to appear on his face. He looked so much like a child throwing a strop that the sight made Hunk smile widely.

"I think Lance always tries to consider the greater good. He doesn't seem to care if he gets hurt, as long as everybody else is safe." Hunk's smile dropped to a grave expression before a grin was quickly plastered on again.

The yellow paladin began to quickly walk down the corridor again, beckoning for Keith to start walking too. "You're probably exhausted." Hunk said cheerfully, "why don't you go to sleep and then we can catch up later"