Chapter 4

Keith awoke with a start, bolting upright and managing to smack his head on the low ceiling above him. He slumped back into the bed, both from shock and sheer exhaustion.

He took a moment to survey his surroundings carefully before concluding that he isn't in the castle. While he was in a bedroom similar to his in the castle, it was about half the size of his own.

The room was dimly lit and barely had the essentials to be called a bedroom. His bed was a small crevace in the wall with the ceilings almost directly above him, it almost reminded him of a tour bus.
The rest of the room continued in the same suit, cramped and cold.

What he could only assume was a wardrobe stood in the corner of his room. It was slim and tall and made of a cold metal. A tall mirror stood opposite the door but otherwise the room was barren.

Keith got out of the bed carefully, being sure to avoid hitting his head on the ceiling. He moved to the centre of the room and stretched his arms out, his fingertips brushing the walls.

He turned to the mirror and looked at himself; he was clad in worn, baggy, black trousers in which his knees poked through slightly where the fabric had been rubbed away. He was wearing a purple shirt riddled with holes and rips. It hung limply off of his slender frame and he wondered how many people had worn this prior to him.

He assumed he was a prisoner but a prisoner of what? And more importantly, a prisoner of whom?

He rubbed the spot where he had hit his head - a nice red mark beginning to rise up - and struggled to recall what had happened.
He remembered trying to help Lance escape something and Lance losing control. They were on a mission? What were they doing?

Sudden footsteps coming from outside his room made Keith jump. Ducking his head forward, he once again hit his head but this time against the surface of his mirror.

He listened closer and waited for the steps to pass before he made an action plan. Leave now. Figure everything out later.

He opened the wardrobe to see if he could find his own clothes but to no avail. Keith turns on his heels, not even bothering to shut the cupboard door, and heads towards the exit. He opens the door and sticks his head out, peering from side to side in case there were any guards.

To his surprise, there were none, just a long empty corridor. He began to head out the room when he heard another door slide open down the hallway.

Quickly, Keith leapt back into his room and listen closely. He heared footsteps approach and began to panic. If this was a guard and they saw him up and about, what would they do to him.

The steps were slow and irregular, as if the person was having problems walking. They were close, too close for Keith's liking and the door was wide open, leaving him in full view.

His eyes flitted around the room wildly as he searched for an escape. Eventually they settled on the wardrobe, with the door to it still ajar.

Without thinking, the paladin lept into the wardrobe, pressing himself into it as much as possible and slamming the door shut. He listened closely.

Somebody had entered his room.
They stood in the middle of it, silent.
Keith held his breath.
The person slowly made their way around the room.
They're probably looking for me! Keith's thoughts screamed.
There was a pause.
Eventually, the person left and the paladin heard them treading down the corridor. The paladin took his chance a tumbled out of the wardrobe.

Suddenly, the steps faultered and Keith panicked. They heard me! They're going to come back and see me.

Once again, he bundled himseld into the wardrobe, his breath quickening. Confirming his fears, the steps made their way back to the room. Fear settled in Keith's heart and he mentally scolded himself for being so noisy and careless.

To his surprise, the person walked straight past the room and back down the hallway. He instantly relaxed but decided to be more cautious this time and wait in the closet.

He took this moment to rearrange his thoughts. He had been on a mission and got injured. He needed to find Lance and get out as fast as possible. Where were the lions?

Taking his time, he left the room and made his way down the corridor, heading in the same direction the footsteps went. He figured that there might be a way to escape through there.

On his way down the hall a sinister figure approached him. Keith had nowhere to hide and the man was coming directly towards him.

Prince Lotor. Keith could recognise him clearly by his long white hair and suffocating aura.

The paladin bowed his head and attempted to walk past him, avoiding all eye contact.

He felt a hand roughly grab his shoulder, snapping his head upwards. He look directly into the eyes of the prince and dread settled in him.

Lotor glared down at Keith, his hand digging roughly into him.
"Leave. Now. You can even take your lion for all I care, but you must not return." his grip tightened on Keith's shoulder, "I have all I need and if you get in the way, there will be consequences."

"What have you done with Lance?" Keith demanded, gritting his teeth through the pain.
Lotor let go of Keith and began to head into a nearby room; "That's none of your concern" he said with an ominous laugh, "Just go back to your little team and leave him with me."

With that, he disappeared through a doorway, leaving Keith alone with his thoughts. What does he want Lance for? Is he really letting my go? Where's my lion? What should I do?

He stood there for only a second before he bolted down the hall, trying to sense his lion and get to it as fast as he could.

He had one single thought that ricocheted around his mind.

I'm coming back for you.

**********

im not sure if its 100% clear but this is kinda a jump back, like it takes place at the same time as chapter 2. Can anyone see those parallels with chapter 1???? WHOA IT'S ALMOST LIKE I'M OKAY AT WRITING.
Also, look at me sticking to promises and everything

The song is Glory and Gore by Lorde but i don't think it really matches the chapter? I was just listening to it while i was writing.
The art is once again by elentori-art on tumblr.

Thanks for reading, i hope you like this so far :) this hasnt been proof read at ALL so please point out any mistakes. Thanks!