Chapter 9

A/N: this chapter is a little saucy for the first half but its not full on smut and its kinda relevant to the plot??

Lance was sprawled across Lotor's bed. Lotor had picked him up by his thighs and carried him into his room before carefully laying him on the bed sheets.

At some point in between wild kisses, Lance's shirt had been removed and Lotor was leaning over him on the bed. Lotor began trailing kisses down Lance's neck and torso, stopping occasionally to suck on specific spots.

And this felt good. Really good, in fact. So good that Lance was able to momentarily forget who he was with and just get lost in the sensations.

Something compelled the paladin to take control of the situation so he reached down and lightly grabbed Lotor's jaw. He guided him up to his mouth and roughly kissed him. Lance felt Lotor moan slightly into his mouth; this only encouraged him further.

Lance grabbed Lotor's thighs from where he was kneeling over him and pulled Lotor on top of him, straddling him.

"One moment, my star." Lotor said with a mischievous leer. He slid off of the paladin's lap and stood up. He walked away from the bed and began slowly unbuttoning his shirt, facing away from Lance.

Lance watched his muscles tense and relax, captivated. Lotor really was gorgeous: a genuine masterpiece. But... He wasn't home. As beautiful as he was, he wasn't inviting and comforting.

Sure, he was charming and friendly and God knows he's attractive. However, he lacks a certain warmth that only his teammates and family can provide. Speaking of his team...

Lotor turned around and approached the bed again. He climbed on and returned to his position, straddling Lance. The paladin allowed his hands to explore his bare chest and back before settling on his waist.

Leaning forward, Lotor continued to leave a string of kisses down Lance's body. He began sucking on his collar bone - certain to leave a solid mark - and the paladin struggled to stifle a moan.

"Lo..." Lance started uneasily, using the nickname he had coined earlier that night. "Do you think I could talk to my teammates?" He gently questioned.

Immediately Lotor detached himself from Lance, climbed off the bed and went to reach for his shirt.

Lance sat up in shock, surprised by the abrupt change in behaviour. "Lotor...?" He pressed, slightly confused.

Lotor finished buttoning up his shirt before finally saying anything. "I've done everything I can to make you comfortable; I've given you the finest food, I gave you tailored clothes, I took you to the best rooms. I even let you stay in my own bed!" Lotor snapped his head back round to face Lance. "Yet you still want to leave me." He narrowed his eyes and for a second Lance could swear he saw tears in them.

"Way to make me feel special." Lotor spat out sarcastically. Lance darted off the bed and bounded over to Lotor, immediately enveloping him in a hug. "No no no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like that." He cooed tenderly, muffled slightly by Lotor's shoulder.

Lotor sniffed slightly and mumbled "Do you still want to talk to them?" He stepped away from Lance, looking intently at the floor. The paladin swiftly, declined, not wanting to upset Lotor further.

The galra looked at Lance, a smile beginning to spread across his face. "Oh good," he leaned forward and gently kissed Lance, "Thank you for caring about me, my star."

Before he new it, Lance was once again on his back on the bed. The cool silk sheets rubbed against his warm back in a pleasant contrast. Lotor looked down at Lance, his multicolour eyes scanning him with an unreadable expression.

Lotor delicately ran his hand down Lance's side, his touch making Lance shiver with pleasure and anticipation.

He leant down and breathed into Lance's ear. "Let's not talk about Voltron from now on, hmm?" Lance nodded his head desperately.

"Good boy." Lotor chirped, quickly kissing him before moving down his body once again. "Now let's have some fun." He purred, a sly grin growing on his face.

-----

Keith and Shiro sat on the training deck floor, each sipping on a hydration pack. Keith recounted everything that had happened since he woke up.

He briefly considered leaving out Lance's brisk look of discomfort with Lotor. He desperately wanted to criminalise Lance for this, to give him an easy target to blame this on and get mad at. But he couldn't bring himself to do that; there was more to this than what was immediately visible and he knew deep down that Lance wasn't to blame.

In the end, he relented and told the full story, collapsing onto the cold, comforting, metal floor of the training deck: utterly exhausted.

Some time had passed since he finished talking and neither of them said anymore for a few minutes. Shiro eventually broke the lingering silence, "So let me get this straight. Prince Lotor gets in you way and your response is to push him as hard as you can?!" he exclaimed with a laugh.

Keith stifled a laugh as he sat up from the floor, only to push Shiro lightly before flopping onto the floor once again. "Shut up." He mumbled playfully.

As their laughter faded, Shiro began to think more deeply. "What you said about Lance is concerning though..." He took another sip of his drink pouch before continuing. "And you said he briefly looked horrified to be touching Lotor?"

"Yeah" Keith nodded, "he like, cringed away from his touch for a second. But I can't understand why he would stay with someone if he couldn't even stand for him to touch him"

They thoughtfully paused once more before Shiro spoke up.

"Maybe he thinks he's doing the right thing? He might think that Lotor won't hurt us if Lance stays with him." Shiro suggested, warily eyeing Keith.

Keith sat up and propped himself up on his elbow. "Yeah... Lance is dumb and self-sacrificing like that"

Keith looked Shiro directly in the eye, his face filled with determination. "One thing is for certain though."

"What's that?" He asked.

"We're coming back for him."

**********

Hello hello! Fun fact: Lotor's behaviour would be an example of emotional manipulation. See how he puts lance down and neglects him for simple requests, in order to isolate him? And see how he makes himself the victim in this situation? And see how he rewards lance for agreeing to isolate himself???
what a manipulative prick!

Also its up to you to decide whether lance and lotor boinked or not ;))

The story is finally starting to pick up though, so that's nice :))

Lemme know your thoughts, comment, vote etc also THANKS FOR 3K READS

Art credit to: Chrimson-Chains on tumblr