Chapter 5

They sat near each other at the long table. The stranger sat at the head and Lance sat to the side of him, in the first chair to the right of him. Lance stared at him, completely transfixed, and rested his head on his hands.

They had both finished their meals, it was some kind of space steak with a salad of sorts. They both had a glass of something similar to wine although it didn't appear to have the same intoxicating properties as alcohol. Besides, it wasn't like Lance needed it as this man was enough to have him feeling giddy.

The stranger spoke steadily, holding up the conversation more or less singlehandedly. He was mid sentence - describing some amazing waterfall he had seen - when he suddenly stopped. Lance jerked upright, wondering what had caused him to pause so abruptly.

"You're very beautiful." the stranger said, tentatively reaching a hand out to the paladin's face.
"N-no. I uh I mean thanks. Thank you." Lance spluttered out, thrown off by the sudden comment. The stranger leant forward and lightly brushed the side of Lance's face.

"I mean it." He said, leaning even closer and grazing his thumb across the paladin's cheekbone. "Your skin is bronzed and glowing." He ran his hand through Lance's hair. "Your hair is soft and flowing. Its such a beautiful colour, it shines a stunning golden shade in the light." He stood up and crossed over the table till he was standing directly in front on him.

Lance couldn't bring himself to look up at him; he was so close. His face began to flush a crimson, which is quite a feat to achieve as it's rare that it shows through his darker skin. To hide this, Lance fixated his gaze on the floor and tried to avoid thinking about the proximity of this gorgeous man.

This only worked for a short moment before he felt a hand under his chin again, lifting his head up and drawing him out of his staring contest with the ground. He looked into this man's eyes and found himself lost in them.

"And your eyes," the stranger continued, "they are more exquisite than any waterfall". He took a step forward until his legs were intertwined with Lance's and reached down to grab onto the paladin's hand. Slowly, he pulled Lance upwards till they were both standing.

They were pressed up against each other, their legs interspersed with each other and their bodies touching. The stranger stood a little taller than Lance and so he leant in slightly to purr into his ear; "You're truly stunning, my golden god. I hope you know that."

Lance drummed up the courage and clutched both of the man's hands before placing them on his own lower back and moving his hands to be hung around the stranger's neck. The man pulled the two of them even closer together and smiled down at Lance.

Lance was lost in this man and he could feel himself beginning to melt into his touch. They began to slowly lean towards each other, the man still whispering sweet compliments. Lance could feel his breath on his face and their lips were less than a inch away.

Lance was savouring the moment, not rushing it, just letting it play out. They were so close - so close - and that feeling of their intimacy was something he wanted to be able to remember.

They were less than a centimetre away.

"LANCE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Lance's head whipped around at the sudden interruption to find the red paladin, Keith Kogane, standing in the doorway.

**********

wow drama. This is about half the length of my usual chapters but oh well, i didn't want to artificially pad it out with crap. I don't think its too bad. Who knows where this story is going? Not me!!

Thanks for reading etc etc OH ALSO, THANKS FOR OVER 700 READS WOWOW I DIDNT THINK THAT MANY PEOPLE WOULD READ IT!
Art by elentori.art on tumblr or elentori on instagram (for the 3rd time running)

K bye :))