Chapter 19

Art credit: @ ashhdraws on instagram

**********

Lance wrapped his arms around Lotor's waist from behind and rested his head on his shoulder. "Hey Lo" he sang happily.

Lotor swiveled around in his arms and faced Lance, "What do you want from me?" The prince said with a grin. "How did you know I wanted something?" Lance laughed.

"You only ever call me 'Lo' when you're trying to butter me up." Lotor replied, running his hands up and down Lance's arms. "Well am I wrong?" He said, raising him eyebrows expectantly. Lance squirmed guiltily and grinned up at him.

"No... But it's something for both of us, it'll be great, I promise." Lance said. Lotor sighed, "Go on then, you little terror" he teased. Lance took a big breath and began chattering happily, "Okay so! I was thinking, when I first got here, you told me all about all these different beautiful places you visited and I just thought it would be really nice if we visited some of these places together?" Lance beamed at Lotor, excited at the mere idea of spending time with his prince.

A small smile began to settle on Lotor's face as he thought through Lance's suggestion. In the end he nodded his head: "Alright then, get changed into the new outfit I got for you then we'll head off. It should be hanging on the bedroom door."

Lance nodded and began to walk away before Lotor grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Aren't you forgetting something" he growled in the former paladin's ear. Lance stiffened as he realised he made a mistake and racked his brain to recall which rule he had missed.

"I must say thank you for every gift I receive." Lance recited, mentally kicking himself for missing out something so obvious. It honestly shocked him that Lotor stayed with him considering all he ever did was fuck up.

Lance turned to face towards Lotor, afraid of what he would see. Not daring to look in to the prince's eyes he whispered "Thank you for the new clothes, I really appreciate it" while trembling slightly. Lotor simply let out a short grunt before gesturing for Lance to leave, releasing the smaller male's arm.

Lance scurried out the room quickly, not wanting to anger Lotor any further. He continued to mentally scold himself. Lotor got him a present and he didn't even think to thank him, how selfish is that? He was so self-absorbed that he didn't consider how Lotor was feeling. The prince put up with so much, it was no surprise he would occasionally lose his patience.

He made his way to their room and found his new clothes hanging. He found a bright blue cropped shirt and leggings with holes all the way up both legs. It came with a long hoodie and fingerless gloves. Lance donned the outfit and made his way back to Lotor, his bare feet pattering against the cool metal floor. He occasionally wondered why Lotor never gave him shoes but never questioned it, not wanting to aggravate him.

He made it back to the prince and smiled widely at him. "Thank you for the clothes" Lance said, "You always know what will look just right."

Lotor smiled back and softly pulled the former paladin into him arms and kissed him on the top of the head. "Yes" Lotor hummed, "Shall we get going then?"

Lance hopped up and down happily and nodded his head fervently. Within dobashes they were on their way, traveling to a planet known for its beautiful scenery. Lotor described it in detail, recalling memories of the last time he was there.

"The water is particularly stunning." he continued, "I don't know if you remember, but I told you all about it in our first conversation in the dining room."

Lance flushed as he thought back to the encounter, remembering how it ended: in close touches and heated kisses. Lotor grinned flirtatiously and looked over at Lance, saying "I see you do remember then"