Chapter 24

Art credit: plagalkey on tumblr

**********

Keith smiled at Lance as they made their way back inside. They crossed the hall and made their way to a table on the outskirts of the room. They sat and continued to chat happily, grinning and sharing jokes.

"Want a drink?" Keith said, standing up from his seat. Lance nodded and smiled as Keith weaved through the crowd to try and reach a tray of drinks. Keith finally managed to grab two glasses when a familiar figure sidled up beside him.

"So how was your night?" Pidge cooed teasingly. Keith merely grunted in response, not giving her the satisfaction. "Looked like you were having fun out there." She continued, drawing out her words, "So who was the babe?"

Keith arched an eyebrow questioningly and stared down at her for a moment. "You really don't know?" He asked, searching for even a trace of sarcasm in her tone. Pidge shook her head; "It's hard seeing past crowds when you're approximately half the average height of everyone there." She said earnestly.

Keith hunched his shoulders a little and sighed before relenting: "Lance."
Pidge gawked at him for a second in disbelief, before asking "Wait, really? But you looked so loved up!"

Keith nodded stiffly and she peered at him before letting out a small "Ah." of understanding. "Even though he's with Lotor?" She questioned tentatively and he nodded once again.

She sighed and gave a weak smile of encouragement before walking away, unsure on what else she could say to help him. Keith sighed and began to make his way back to Lance, his confidence sapped out of him.

Lance had lost sight of Keith in the crowd and tapped his nails at the table impatiently. He looked around the room admiring the decor and watched couples twirl happily to the music. His view was suddenly eclipsed when a burly woman stepped in his line of sight.

He looked up, a little startled, and recognised it to be one of Lotor's generals. "Lotor wants you." She stated curtly. Lance's eyes darted around the room, hoping to find Keith; "Right now?" He spluttered, struggling to arrange his thoughts.

Zethrid nodded, giving a small grunt and gesturing for Lance to get up. Lance stood up and followed the general across the hall, not wanting to leave Keith but not seeing any other option.

He reached Lotor - who was engaged in conversation - and stood by his side quietly. He felt Lotor's arm snake around his waist and hold him incredibly close to his side, his grip just a little too tight. As the conversation drew to a close Lotor smiled down at Lance and asked "Ready to leave, my star?"

His smile was tense and his voice was stained. He gave Lance a look that said this really wasn't a question. Lance nodded glumly as he was steered out of the room. As they went outside, he couldn't help but glance at the bench where he and Keith had just been. In his place now sat another one of Lotor's generals, Ezor, who blew a kiss at Lance before disappearing into thin air.

Lance looked up at Lotor who remained stoic as they walked towards the ship. The moment they got inside Lotor removed his arm from Lance's waist and turned to look at him, eyebrows furrowed and mouth forming a snarl.

"What were you thinking?" He demanded, slamming his hand on the wall behind Lance's head. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" The prince bellowed banging the wall repeatedly.

"I'm s-sorry" Lance stammered, curling his hands around his face protectively. Lotor grabbed one of Lance's wrists and clutched it tightly, long nails digging into his skin painfully. "Sorry for what?" Lotor hissed, "Sorry for drinking so much? Hm? Sorry for going off with someone else at our first PUBLIC appearance? Sorry that you ruined my image by running off with a rebel?" He tugged Lance forward and leant close to his face, eyes dark and unforgiving: "Or are you just sorry you got caught?"

Lance tugged his arm from Lotor's grip, feeling the prince's nails scratch him further. Lotor took a step back, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose and taking in a deep breath. After a second he gestured for him to leave and without hesitation Lance scampered away from him and down the corridor.

Lotor collapsed onto a chair behind him, massaging his temple with one hand and tiredly snapping his fingers with the other. A servant ran up to his side and without looking up Lotor commanded "Summon my generals. We need to fix this."

**********

Yooooo i wanted to write for like ages but i just finished my exams so I've been partying lol I've been drunk for like four nights in a row (don't drink underage kids, do as i say not as i do)

So like i was like "i cant write while drunk" but then i had a good idea... What if i did?

Tell me what you think babies, maybe it makes no sense but i think it might? Also sorry if my message replies are late, im trash sorry

Fam i just reread this chapter, its shit sorry, note to self: your drunk writing is awful, never again