Chapter 3

Lance looked at the stranger in front of him: lilac skin, deep purple eyes, ivory hair. He felt like he should be afraid of him, or at the very least intimidated. The stranger gave off an almost suffocating aura of power, he radiated authority.

Lance flicked his eyesight away from this stranger and bowed his head slightly. He hadn't meant to but it seemed near impossible to hold his gaze for a few moments at a time. The paladin was almost certain he recognised him though yet he couldn't place where from.

The veil landed once more on Lance's mind, obscuring any coherent thoughts or memories before they could form. Who is this man?

A hand gently touched his jaw and tilted his head up, forcing him to meet this stranger's eye. And damn was he pretty! He had an angular face but it wasn't harsh and pointy. It was somehow... Softer, not unlike a fox. This face was framed by long flowing hair, fair and silky. It honestly took all of Lance's willpower to not reach out and touch it right there and then.
His face was accented by his eyes, coloured uniquely. The stunning purple iris was matched and complimented by the yellow sclera. He looked like every detail about him had been carefully thought through in order to bring out the best properties of every feature.

While he was incredibly attractive, Lance just couldn't shake off the feeling that he knows this man and he should be fearful of him. He once again struggled to recall any additional information about this stranger. He felt like he was about to make a breakthrough when his train of thought was violently derailed.

"I see you're up now. I trust you slept soundly." His voice drew Lance out of his thoughts. It was deep and penetrating and although he didn't say it very loudly, it carried clearly and solidly to his ears.
"Uh y-yeah" Lance stammered out, struggling to make sense of the situation. "Where... erm... Where am I though?" He continued.
A low chuckle emerged from the strangers throat: "You're a strange one, I'm shocked you don't remember."

A kind smile settled on his face and he looked warmly down at the blue paladin. He removed his hand from Lance's face instead placed it softly on the paladin's back. The stranger began to guide him towards the door, saying "Let's discuss this after you've had something to eat. You're probably quite startled by all of this and will feel better once you have some food."

They exited the bedroom and began to make their way down the long hallway. The stranger held up a solid conversation the entire time they were walking; he spoke about his future - the entire universe would be his to explore and enjoy - and discussed the architecture.

"I'm assuming you saw the decore." He said with a laugh, "I mean, I think it's a bit over the top but I get that we have a reputation to maintain."
He waved his hand about and gestured wildly when he spoke. Lance didn't understand how someone talking about potentially boring topics could be so captivating.

His eyes expressed so much emotion as he spoke about space and traveling the universe. It was almost like the universe was spread out before him and he could already see it all. A sarcastic smile would settle on his face as he spoke about the fripperies of the interior design.

Lance was fixated on him and could only manage to give one word answers throughout the conversation: not because he was bored or not paying attention but because he was so focused on him it was hard to think about anything else.

His face was so perfect, so immaculate, that it made Lance ignore what was going on and forget the struggle in his head. Almost.

Still, the paladin strived to recall why this face was so familiar and why he felt like he should be afraid of him. He pushed the thought away before he felt giddy or the sharp pain of the headache returned but he continued to feel uneasy.

The stranger began to describe the various rooms they passed and what they were for. Lance glanced into one of the rooms and recognised it as the room he had entered before. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and winced.

He looked so plain compared to this man. He acknowledged that he wasn't ugly and could actually be considered attractive in some lights but any beauty pales in comparison to the stranger. He was simply ethereal: a level of otherworldly beauty that is simply unattainable for anyone else.

The stranger looked down at Lance and gave him a warm smile before opening a large door at the end of the corridor.

"And this, this is the banquet hall"

Big was an understatement for this room. It exceeded the bedroom in sheer size by leagues! And the decorations were even more abundant and elegant. A long table stretched from one end of the room to another; it looked like it could fit at least one hundred people with ease.

Lance's eyed flicked around the room, unsure what to focus on. There was so many details, so much to take in, so much to see. A large window parallel to the table and equal in length occupied his view for the most part. Just across the room from him was space.
And it wasn't like in the castle, this wasn't just space. It looked like the most beautiful planets, moons and star clusters had been arranged just to make this view. It was perfect, honestly flawless and Lance felt out of place once again.

Here he was in this magnificent room with this staggering view next to this angelic man; he didn't even want to imagine how washed out and faded he must look in comparison.

"You look troubled, is there a problem? What can I do for you?" The stranger looked at Lance, a concerned look beginning to settle on his face. Lance was jerked out of train of thought and began to wildy fumble for words.
"No no no no no! Everything's fine, it's just this room is so beautiful. I'm... in awe."

The stranger cracked a small smile, making Lance choke in his breathe, and once again placed his hand on Lance's back.

"Come" he said, "Let's eat"

**********

Art credit to: Elentori-art on tumblr

WHOA SHIT IT'S LOTORRRR!
Okay I know this is kinda dull and not really worth the wait but i had loads going on so it took me a while to finish it. I just finished school so i should be updating more frequently and i will probably upload another part either today or tomorrow because this one is so dull.

Is anyone else super bummed about Chester Bennington?? (whoops Ive just dated this)
I wrote the last part of this listening to all of Linkin Park's songs and almost crying, which doesn't really match the theme but oh well

Thanks for reading! I hope you like it :) please point out any mistakes, i didnt check this too thoroughly..