Chapter 20

Art credit: cherryandsisters on instagram

**********

Keith looked into his lap, twiddling his fingers. He was far too preoccupied to pay attention to Shiro's lecture. His mind wandered as the black paladin droned on monotonously in the background. He thought back to his encounter with his teammate on the sandy planet.

He threw his head into his hands and groaned loudly as he recalled his rejection. Shiro tutted loudly and said "No no no. You need to own up to the consequences of your actions. Your behaviour recently has been erratic and reckless and no amount of hiding in your hands can change tha-"

"Shiro. Don't take this the wrong way." Keith interrupted sharply, "But please. Shut the fuck up."

"Keith!" Shiro exclaimed, "I don't know where this is coming from but-"
"No you don't!" Keith cut him off again. "You don't have a clue about anything I've been through. You don't know how I feel almost dying twice. You don't seem to care about anything that I've had to face all by myself."

The red paladin softened slightly, "Look I get it, I've been thoughtless and brash but please, take a moment to actually think about what I've been through. I'm really struggling here and this" he gestured around him vaguely, "isn't what I need right now"

Shiro paused, his eyebrows knitted together, "Did you say dying twice? I'm aware of you almost bleeding out but when was the second time?"

Keith sighed, raising his hand and gesturing stop; he clearly didn't want to talk about it right now. Shiro nodded and pulled the red paladin into a hug. After a bit they pulled away and Keith sighed, "I'm going to go to my room, I'm exhausted"

Shiro puckered his brow and looked troubled. "Okay." He said, "But we need to have a serious talk about what happened and your behaviour."

Keith rolled his eyes and headed out the room, stretching his arms and yawning. He slowly shuffled across the halls, his body beginning to feel the weight of the previous day's events. He reached his room and flopped into his bed, not even bothering to get undressed or under the covers; he was out like a light.
_____

Lance perched on the end of his bed, his mind racing. He ran his hands through his hair and pulled at his brown locks, desperately trying to hold in sobs. He wasn't sad or distraught - he was just so overwhelmed.

Despite his encounter with the red paladin and Keith seemingly forgiving him, he couldn't help but continue to feel immense guilt. The unimaginable pain he had caused him weighed on his conscience heavily and he couldn't help the thoughts that ran through his head.

Even if Keith no longer thought it, Lance felt like a traitor. He was hurting his teammates and left Keith for Lotor when he was most vulnerable.

Lotor strolled into the room and stood in front of Lance. Traitor Lance's mind rang. The prince unknotted the paladin's hands out of his hair and gently guided them to his hips. Traitor his mind screamed. Lotor tenderly placed his hand under Lance's chin, tilting his head up slightly before leading him into a standing position. Traitor traitor traitor. He softly placed a tender kiss on Lance's lips.

Lance's heart fluttered; however, not for the prince in front of him but for the memory of Keith's mouth on his.

Traitor. And he can't even get that right.

**********

Sorry chapters are few and far between (and kinda crap) right now. Im working on improving my schedule and they should get more and more frequent

Lemme know your thoughts by voting and commenting. Seriously, comments are like my favourite thing in the world and i love reading them all

Peace out :)