T w o y e a r s

Eddie's POV

I've been waiting for this moment for two years. It finally happened!

I'm sad, though, it's not good to see somebody you love suffering. Richie suffered an accident, he fell on his bike, and banged his head on the ground.

We waited for six hours in the hospital, thank God he survived the surgery. However, the doctor said he couldn't talk and walk properly anymore. He said that Richie could speak but very low.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked around, quietly.

I didn't say anything, I just burst into tears, not because I was sad, it was because I was happy, happy to see him breathing again, happy to see him looking at me with his big and beautiful eyes.

"hey..." He muttered.

"Good morning, babe." I said, wiping my tears off.

"D-different" he said, pointing at me. "what... what h-appened?"

It's hard to explain to a person that she has been in a coma for a long time. I tried my best.

"Honey..." I said, grabbing his hand and stroking it "you... you've been sleeping for two y-years..." I said.

He frowned and looked down.

"Wh...why?" He muttered.

I bit my lips and looked at the window, the doctor was outside looking at us and examining how Richie was. He realized everything and got in the room.

"Excuse me, mr. Tozier. Mr. Kaspbrack." He said.

"Please, come in." I said.

"Listen... Richie... You suffered an accident, bike accident... This was... Two years ago." The doctor said.

Richie looked at me, and he smiled with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry to say this... But we can't hide the truth from our patients."

"Ok... Oka-y" he said, still looking at me.

"Well, if it's okay for you... I'll leave... Do you want anything?" He said, opening the door.

"Nothing... Thanks, doctor."

I turned to Richie and he was smiling, tears were dropping on his face.

"What happened, honey?"

"Two?" He said.

"Yes, baby... Two years." I said, stroking his face.

"And... You were... H-here? With... with me?" He said.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I said, smiling.

"I... I lov... Love you..." He said, trying to hug me.

"Aw." I advanced and hugged him carefully. "I love you too, Richie. I'll always love you."

Richie smiled and slowly kissed my cheek.

"B..boyff...friend" he said, hugging me tightly.