D a r k

(Richie and Eddie are around 13-15)

Saturday night

Eddie and Richie agreed to sleep at Richie's house. They both asked their parents.

It was nearly one o'clock in the morning, and Richie had gone to get a glass of water because he couldn't bear to sleep without first getting his throat wet.

But obviously he had to forget his glasses and his flashlight, he just didn't forget his head, because it was stuck in his body.

The poor boy was only realizing this when he arrived in the kitchen without the aid of light.

"But why does not he just turn the switch on?" you must be wondering. Simple, Richie,  about to turn on the light, he thought he might warn them, his parents.

Everything went well, Richie drank his water quietly, and as he put away the bottle, he realized he had not asked if Eddie wanted water, but remembered that he might already be sleeping, so he closed the refrigerator.

When he closed the refrigerator, the light of the appliance that keeps the food cool went out, and the darkness will took over.

It was not a big problem on the way out, because Richie's biggest focus at the time was to drink water, but now, the situation had gone to shit.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and hurried to the bedroom, not making a sound like a cat.

He walks into the bedroom and steps off the mattress where Eddie was sleeping ... wait ... how? The television was on and set on low, and was Eddie watching a cartoon of a yellow sponge with square pants? Ah, yes, there was no lamp, so ... he was sleeping, yes, but with the TV on.

The strange thing is, Richie does not remember having left the TV on before leaving. He frowns, looks at Eddie, and lies down.

"I turned it on" Eddie whispers.

"What?" Richie says, getting up again.

"I turned on the television, you're welcome."

"Uh ... thanks ... I didn't know ..."

"No problem, I'm also not a fan of the darkness"

Richie smiles and says "I forgot to ask you if you wanted water."

"No, I don't want... Thanks"

"Okay ... good night," he says, adjusting the blanket. "Good night..."

As Eddie lies down again, he blushes and whispers low, "I love you"

"Said something?" Richie whispered.

"n-no ... nothing." He stuttered, quickly going back to sleep.