B r i d g e s

Richie was riding his bike on the road, when he saw something.

Someone was standing on the bridge, preparing to jump. He immediately stopped the bike and signaled the other cars he had done it.

"HEY!" Richie screamed, looking at the person. "Please, don't do it! Let's talk!"

"I don't even know you, why do you care about me?" The person said.

"Because I don't wanna see somebody killing himself for a stupid reason."

"It's not a stupid reason! You don't understand!" The person said, trembling, stepping up to the edge.

"O-okay, okay... It's an important reason, how about I get there and you tell me about this reason?"

"Listen, stranger, I don't know you! And I don't talk to strangers! So please, go away and let me finish my pain!"

"Well, I don't know you either, and I'm here, talking to a stranger... I could be home now, but I'm here, helping you." Richie said. "Please, let's talk, your life is not over, it can't be this way. I'm here-

"HEY, C'MON! I'M LATE!" A guy said, Ringing the car horn.

Richie turned to the guy, and gave him a middle finger "FUCK YOU, FIND ANOTHER WAY, I'M TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE!"

Richie turned to the person again and said. "I'm sorry for this..."

The man took a deep breath and moved away from the edge of the bridge.

"Okay... You... You won..."

Richie immediately got on the bike and went to the bridge.

Coming close, he saw the person sitting in a fetal position, crying and looking up at the sky, mumbling "why... why..."

"Hey..." Richie said, sitting next to the person.

"Hi..." He said.

"What's the matter?"

The person looked at Richie and gave a small smile. "It's been a while since I've heard this question..." He said. "My boyfriend, I caught him cheating weeks ago... But he kept teasing me and then he told everything to my parents, that I was gay and I was already dating someone... And they just, kicked me out of the house." He said, crying. "I have nothing..."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"And now, I just received a message from my mom. "You forgot your bag, fag!". Why would a mother do this to her own son?!" He said, resting his head on Richie's shoulder.

"Only a monster."

"I thought throwing myself off this bridge would be my only option. Now I don't know..."

"Well, suicide is not always the best option... And uh... So as not to be a stranger giving advice to another, you can call me Richie, my pleasure..."

"Richie... Good name... I'm Eddie."

"I really am not very good with advice like that, but, I do not like to see someone sad to the point of it, to kill themselves. I'm sorry for wasting your time, I'm just trying to cheer you up. Want some water?"

"Uh... Yes..."

"Come... I'll give you some. And you need to rest, looks like you don't sleep for days..."

"Thanks."

Richie took Eddie to his apartment and he gave him some water.

"So uh... You can turn on the TV, here's the remote control." Richie said. "You can stay here until you find a place to stay."

"Thank you, Richie, I appreciate your help. You're a sweet guy."

"No problem. I'll bring you a mattress and a pillow, do you want a blanket?"

"Uh... I don't want to-"

"Please, you're not bothering anyone. I'll bring you one, if you have second thoughts."

"Thanks."

~time skip, three years later.~

Richie was at his apartment, watching TV. Eddie was by his side, resting his head on Richie's shoulder.

"Richie..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you..."

"For what?"

"For changing my life... You made me see that I didn't need to do jump from that bridge." Eddie said, looking at Richie. "You are my savior, Rich. And I think about it every day... I... I love you, Richie."

"Aw... I love you too, Eddie." Richie said, kissing him.

"Uh... And now..." Eddie said, standing up. "I want to change your life..." He said.

"What... What are you-"

"Richie Tozier..." Eddie said, kneeling down. "Will you marry me and make me the happiest man in the world?"

"O-of course!" He squealed, hugging him tightly. "I LOVE YOU!"