G r e a t

"I hate giving bad news but... I'm sorry... He doesn't have too much time." The doctor said.

"How long?" Richie asked shakily.

"Some minutes..." He said, tapping Richie's shoulder. "Sorry, we tried everything, we know how much you love him and wanted to see him better. But apparently the result is only one."

"I understand..." Richie said, sobbing.

Eddie Kaspbrak suffered from an illness unknown to medicine, something that had no cure.

Even knowing what would happen in the end, Richie took him to the hospital to see if there was any light in this terrible tunnel.

There were moments of hope, but also of despair, it was like a roller coaster, that went up and down without stopping.

A roller coaster that now stopped with its sudden ascents and descents and that only began to go straight, straight into a tunnel written "no way out".

Richie opened the door to the room where Eddie was and found his boyfriend, pale, weak, sleeping.

Had Eddie already known about his fate? Was it all this time he was waiting for the fateful day? Well... I'm sorry to say I have no idea.

Before entering the room, the doctor pulled Richie by the arm and whispered.

"Just act like it's a normal day... He can not feel sad or nervous."

Normal day. Yes, very normal. After all, Richie was already accustomed to seeing his love die in front of him by an unknown disease. This is very normal.

He wiped the tears from his face, swallowed the tears, and entered the room.

Eddie yawned and opened his eyes slowly, having the sight of his boyfriend sitting in an armchair near him.

"Heey..." Eddie mumbled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." Richie said, stroking Eddie's hair. "And you?"

"Me too. Taking off this morning at dawn I woke up because of a strange dream I had."

"Really? What did you dream about?"

"I don't remember very well, but... It was very weird." Eddie said, frowning. "But then, when I went back to sleep, I had the dream of our marriage, all our friends, family, were there." He said, smiling.

"Aw that's beautiful, honey..." Richie said, holding back the tears.

"Richie..." Eddie said, getting up and straightening, sitting on the bed with his legs crossed. "When that's all over and we're going home, do you want to marry me?"

Richie smiled, with tears in his eyes and hugged Eddie tightly. "Of course I do, honey. Of course I do!"

"Great..." Eddie said.

Suddenly, Eddie started breathing heavily, he tried to say something to Richie but he couldn't, the air getting in and out didn't let Eddie say a single word, Eddie held Richie tightly and then...

Nothing...

The tight embrace that Eddie gave in Richie began to disappear, and Eddie gave his last breath.

Richie held him tightly, and started crying.

"Eddie..." He mumbled, sobbing "Please..."

Nothing again...

Richie cried, his world was over, his heart, broken.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I love you." He said, between sobs.

...

But wait...

...

...

Then, Richie felt something. Eddie's body was throbbing, as if he was breathing weak. He was sweating.

Immediately, Richie screamed.

"HELP! A DOCTOR PLEASE!"

In these hours the little flame of hope lit up, there was a light from the end of that dead end tunnel, and that light, that light is called life, life is Eddie Kaspbrak.

The doctors examined him, they saw that the disease that infected Eddie from nowhere had disappeared.

In fact, it's curious and strange, but it was a miracle. An unknown disease that until then had no cure disappears suddenly.

Eddie got up and looked at Richie.

They hugged tightly and kissed.

Eddie saw the death, he was the boy who came back to life.

"Now..." Richie said, stroking Eddie's face. "Shall we go home... Mr. Tozier?"

Eddie smiled and kissed him. "Of course!" He said.