C o l o r s

Eddie and Richie adopted a 2 years old boy, named Bruce.

Some days later they discovered Bruce had a disease. A vision disease.

Bruce was color blind, his vision was almost like a dog, black and white.

It wasn't something that could kill him, but it would affect him in the course of his life.

Eddie and Richie didn't have much money, after all, they had just moved, and the rent was high.

It hurt to see Bruce sad because he could not tell the difference, Bruce did not know that the sky was blue, that the grass was green.

Only God knows how embarrassed he was to ask the teacher how yellow was, for fear of being teased by his classmates.

Time passed, and now Bruce was 10 years old.

And today he had a surprise... A colorful surprise.

"Bruce! Come out here!" Richie screamed.

"Coming!"

Richie signalized Eddie to come over too, he followed him to backyards.

"What are you hiding, honey?" Eddie asked, realizing Richie's big smile, he wanted to say something.

"Wait Bruce to come here."

"Talk" Bruce said.

"Wear this..." Richie said, handing Bruce a eyeglass case.

"Dad, I don't need-"

"Oh, you need... These one you need."

Richie prepared a field full of colorful objects, plates, boxes, tables, etc.

Bruce couldn't understand why his dad left a lot of "black, white and gray stuff" outside. "Are we moving again?" He wondered.

Bruce opened the box, It was a pair of sunglasses.

"Dad, I don't need them..."

"Come here..." Richie said.

Richie put his hands on Bruce's shoulders and directed him to the colored objects.

"Now wear it."

Bruce slowly wore the glasses with his eyes closed.

When he opened his eyes, he was it.

Color.

Everywhere.

"D-dad..." Bruce mumbled, crying of happiness.

"Yes, Bruce..." Richie said. "Color!"

Eddie approached Richie and gave him a tight hug.

"I can't believe you did this..." He said, between sobs. "I love you, I love you so much!" Eddie said, kissing his cheek.

Eddie and Richie saw Bruce happily running through the backyard, playing with all the colors he saw.

And then they remembered... All these 10 years fighting, supporting Bruce.

They felt happy about that. Bruce, obviously, was happy about that. He was seeing it now... The blue sky... The green grass... The colorful objects.

All of them...

Colorful