E m e r g e n c y T r i p : G u i l t y

"It is my fault." Richie said, sobbing "I shouldn't have done that."

Eddie, with all of his strength, squeezes Richie's hand. He shakes his head negatively.

"...n...no..." He mumbles.

Richie sobs and keeps talking. "I'm sorry Eddie, you're here because of me... I could've killed you."

Richie keeps explaining what happened, not even noticing that his boyfriend was able to say a word.

"I'm sorry... I was such a dumbass, you were just trying to show your love, all I ever did was ignore you..."

"...rich...ie..." He mumbles.

Richie looks at Eddie, shocked. "You are speaking." He said, smiling, but still, with tears in his eyes.

"...don't... say... that." He says, with a soft, weak voice.

Richie grabs Eddie's hand, and kisses it. "We'll get out of here soon, Eds. You know that, don't you?"

"... yes."

. . .

What happened exactly?

Well, our friend Richard said himself, he was the one who did it... But he didn't want to.

They were arguing, the discussion was intense, Richie was a different guy back then, more impulsive, violent.

Full of bad thoughts kept, the hour to overflow had come, terrible hour and with the wrong person.

Richie grabbed Eddie by the collar and pushed him down, and at the last minute, he regrets trying to help Eddie, but he can't and just feels the impact of his boyfriend on the floor.

. . .

(Richie POV)

I made a promise to myself, I'll change, not only for me, but also for him. I remember the scene of him falling, it was like watching a glass breaking, for one second I thought I'd lost him, but thank God he's alive, and I won't let that second chance go.

It doesn't matter if he has a disease, I still love him, and I'll take care of him until I die.

I just...

I just love him. And now I see that... now I understand...

I love Eddie Kaspbrak.