Courage ( EP2 - Late for Friends' Meeting)

Two days later

"He's late." said Ben.

On the first day of holidays, the Losers Club  would celebrate the beginning of new adventures and... Oh well... They would just hang out at the Barrens and some stuff.

"A w-wizard is never l-luh-late, Ben, just wait, he has his te-te-time." Said Ben, completely focused on his book, and reading those exact same words from Gandalf, Lord of The Rings, baby!

"The hell you're talkin' about?"

"I'm sssaying that we're already here, waiting him w-wuh-won't kill us."

"C'mon, Ed. Where the hell are you?" Ben said, looking at the window.

Meanwhile, at somewhere else...

"What do you prefer?" Eddie said. "Strawberry chocolates or chocolate strawberries?"

Richie frowned, trying to comprehend the philosophical question Edward made. He straightened his glasses, scratched his chin, set his brain to work even harder, and...

"What kind of question is that?" He said.

Eddie smiled shyly, took a sip of his coffee, and explained. "I would prefer chocolate strawberries, you know why?"

"Why? Tell me." He said, hypnotized by Eddie's red face of shyness, but somehow, he looked cute.

"Chocolate strawberries would be the actual fruit strawberry, but with the taste of chocolate, while strawberry chocolate would be just a flavoured chocolate."

"Oh... So I would... uh..."

"Was it bad? Did I sound cringy? Dang it, sorry I can't start a decent conversation-"

"No, no, no, it's okay, actually, I would prefer the same. Imagine, a fondue with chocolate strawberry."

Eddie, relieved, agreed with Richie, and drank his last sip of coffee.

"You know... I'm not that used of meeting someone new, I have the same friends since always... Sorry if I look weird sometimes..." Eddie said.

Richie smiled. "Actually, you look cute when you get shy."

Eddie blushed. "Shyness i-is a ssserious thing..." He said, with a hoarse voice.

They stopped walking and sat down. "So you were not the popular stereotype I thought you were..." Eddie said.

"No, I'm not. I'm actually surprised someone thought I was someone important."

"I believe everyone is important, especially for someone."

Richie looked at Eddie, and he quickly avoided looking at Richie, blushed.

"You were very... brave, inviting someone to the ball... I mean... A boy inviting a boy..." Richie said.

"Y-yeah... I... I know." He said, smiling. "It's like I said, it's weird because we don't talk that much... I just- ah forget it..."

Richie got closer to Eddie's ear and whispered "You like me?"

Eddie shivered, and didn't look at Richie, he just nodded shyly. Richie lift Eddie's chin "Hey..." He said "You don't need to act like that, it's okay..."

"You know... I've been creating the courage to tell you this since I started school, but somehow I can't!"

Richie grabbed Eddie's hand and smiled.

"Yeah, you know what's funny?" He said.

"I've been doing the same."

Richie kissed Eddie.