Why the two lovers left -11-

*Lily’s P.O.V.*

*Flashback*

I just came back from the village with diner for my dad and I. As soon as I open the door, a beer bottle almost hit my head.

“What took you so long!?” he shouted.

“I’m sorry, papa, please don’t hurt me.” I said hoping tonight's beating wouldn’t be so hard.

“Tough luck, kid.” He started walking away when I spoke up.

“I have a name!” I really shouldn't have said anything. He turned toward me. I swear you could see the steam coming out of his ears.

“What did you just say?”

“Nothing, papa.” I whimpered quietly.

“Don’t back talk to me.” I nodded and looked at the ground.

“Look at me!” I refused to look.

He grabbed my arm and lead me down to the basement, which was basically my room. It had some old blankets and a pillow of which I called a bed. He threw me to the ground and started beating me again. I screamed as loud as I could for help. In the previous years it had never come. Not until tonight.

The cellar door opened and a boy holding a lantern stood in the doorway.

“Stop.” He told my dad who chuckled.

“And what are you going to do about it?” The boy pulled out a sword. My dad ran and picked him up.

They fought for a while, but I saw none of it. I had my head in my hands crying. After about fifteen minutes I heard a sword hit the ground near my feet. I removed my hands and saw that the boy had my dad up against the wall. His sword to my dad’s neck.

“How about now?” he asked. My dad spat in his face. After that the boy knocked him out and ran over to me.

“Are you okay?” I nodded. He helped my up and lead me to the cellar door.

“Who are you? Where are we going?”

“I’m Felix. And I’m taking you far away from the monster known as your father.”

*End of flashback*

Felix sighed and began his story.

“It was right after we broke up. I was feeling lonely and unloved. My mum went back to scolding me to go join the army or find a girl to marry so I’d stop sulking. Then one night I was in my room looking out the window when I heard a noise. It was a low, haunting, melody coming from the woods. I followed it. It lead me to a fire pit with boys dancing around, banging sticks, and wearing masks. I joined in being the boy I was and here I am. The shadow picked us off one by one a dropped us here in Neverland.”

“Oh.”

“Why’d you go to Landnever?”

“It was a week after you left. My dad still didn’t know that you were gone because he was drunk as usual,” Felix snorted, “so I still had my room upstairs. I was sitting at the window seat when I heard a knock on the window. I opened the window and a girl flew in. She explained who she was and why she was there. Maya took me to Landnever and I’ve been there since.”

He was silent for moment.

"I think you should get some rest now, like Pan suggested." I nodded and laid my head on his chest. He pulled the blanket over us and stroked my hair. I eventually fell asleep.