Answers and Peter Pan? -36-

*Maya’s P.O.V.*

I don't know how to react. Should I be angry? And if so, at who? My family or Peter? I knew I was in shock, but other than that I had no clue.

The silence was turning into awkwardness. Felix rubbed the back of his neck and turned away. TigerLily cleared her throat. Peter came over to where I was, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to the side before I could see their other reactions.

“Are you alright?” He asked in a whisper.

“Am I alright? No. Why would you even think that?” I whisper shouted.

“Okay. Okay. This was probably a stupid idea of mine, but-”

“Probably? No, it was. You made me run around town all day for this? You stupid frying pan, why?”

“Did you just call me a frying pan?” He asked, trying to change the subject.

I let out a loud sigh. “I’m leaving.” I made my way toward the door, but he grabbed my hand. “Peter, let go!” I turned, not to see Peter, but my mother.

“Maya, please.”

I yanked my hand away and ran outside. I didn’t go anywhere just stood in the middle of the sidewalk freaking out. Someone came after me a few moments later.

Once again I expected Peter, but it was someone else. It wasn’t TigerLily, I knew it wasn’t Felix, so it was either my mother or one of my sisters. Who ever it was wrapped their arms around me. A minute later two other set of feet came running after me. Yep, my sisters. They all hugged me and I eventually hugged back.

“I’m so sorry.” One of them whispered. Emily, I think.

We pulled apart and just looked at each other.

“Why?” I asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Come in and we’ll explain everything.” Sarah said, offering her hand out for me. I took it and we walked back in. Peter was sitting on a love seat and my mother was in a chair. They both stood up when they saw us come in. I took a seat next to where Peter had been sitting. Everyone took a seat and started to explain.

“Maya,” my mother started, “I didn’t want to give you up. It was our-”

“Yours. Not ours.” Angel cut in.

“Yes, yes, my only choice. Business was bad and there were too many mouths to feed. On the bright side, you were fine. That nice family who worked for the kings army took you in.”