A friend -27-

*Maya’s P.O.V.*

I can’t believe what Peter did. You can’t just hop on a ship full of people who hate you and just give something to someone. Well, you can, it’s just not smart. Then again it makes sense because this is a boy I’m talking about.

“Land ho!” I heard someone shout above. I guess we’ve landed.

Emma came down the stairs a few seconds later. She thanked me and woke Henry up. Everyone started to walk off the boat. I was one of the last ones off. I found TigerLily off to the side with Felix, or Scar, as his new nickname is. Red was following her dad and Rumple was talking to a woman I’d never meant. Regina stood alone.

“And we owe it all to Regina!” Emma shouted above everyone's voice.

“Please. All I did was make a deal with Pan.” Regina spoke.

“Celebration at Grannies tonight! Everyone's invited!” An elderly lady shouted.

(FF)

Snow had introduced me to some of her friends before the party had started. Now I sat at a table alone with a glass of water. Henry started walking over to the table I was at with a mug of, uh, hot chocolate? I wasn’t sure.

“Why are you sitting alone?” He asked.

I shrugged. “What are you up to?”

“Getting a countless amount of hugs from people.”

I chuckled. Just then Emma sat down beside me and handed a big book to Henry. He looked at with no emotion for a second. Then I realized what it was.

“This is the book you were telling me about!” I grabbed from him and started flipping through the pages.

“It’s your book, remember?” Emma asked Henry.

“Oh, right.”

I closed the book, realizing I wasn’t in it. Henry took it back.

“Were you in it?” Emma asked me.

“No. No I wasn’t.”

Emma looked at me for a second. I gestured to the back to of the room. We both got up and moved back there.

“I have a bad feeling. He told everyone about that book back in Neverland and he looked at it all confused.” I confessed.

“Same here. He loved that book.” Emma agreed. An idea popped into her head. “Maybe you can figure out what's going on. You’re really close to him.”

“I’ll do my best.”

We returned to the table where Henry was reading.

“Come on, kid. Time to go home.” Emma told him.

“Can I stay the night at Regina’s?”

Regina was standing near by and agreed. Emma could definitely tell something was wrong.

“Can Maya come, too?” He asked. Regina glanced over at me.

“Why not? I’m just glad you made a friend.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This nomination is not a OUAT fan fic at all. It's a modern twisted tale of Rapuzel. I'm nominating it because it's amazing and I don't understand why it doesn't have more reads, so please go read it.

Let down your hair- Rapunzel in the modern world by onceuponatimefreak