20 | simon's birthday

Edited: 09/04/2018

Charlotte; 1 Year Later

Today it was Simon's birthday and he had invited us all to his party, which was at The Sidemen House. It was a joint birthday with Josh as their birthdays were three days apart.

For my outfit, I wore a green satin jumpsuit, gem leather platform sandals, gold-tone crystal earrings and had a Hollister wrist bag to put my phone and keys in. My hair was curled to the extreme and my makeup was a light pink look, which made my eyes look a green colour.

 My hair was curled to the extreme and my makeup was a light pink look, which made my eyes look a green colour

Once I was ready, I walked downstairs and saw my mum. She had come over to look after the dogs, while Lewis and I were out. "Ah, Charlotte! You look so pretty."

"Thanks, mum." I smiled. Lewis came up behind me and swung his arm over my shoulder.

"Have you got everything?" Mum asked.

We nodded and I grabbed the presents for Simon and Josh. After saying goodbye to mum, we got into the car and set off for The Sidemen House. I was also going to talk to Freya about something tonight...

***

We knocked on the door, the loud music being heard from a block away. Simon opened the door and I jumped into his arms, surprising me. I missed my best friend. "Happy birthday Si!" I said excitedly.

"Thank you, Charlie." He smiled. Lewis and Simon were talking so I walked off to find Freya to talk to her.

Simon

I let Charlotte in, then went to say hi to Lewis. Before I could say hi to him, he grabbed my arm. "I want you to stay away from Charlotte." He whispered through gritted teeth.

"Lewis, she's my best friend?" I replied, confused at this sudden outburst from Lewis.

"I don't care. Stop talking to her or there'll be consequences." He pushed past me, handing me the presents.

This wasn't like Lewis...Something was up. I closed the door and put the presents on the table, determined to figure out what was up with Lewis.

Charlotte

"Freya!" I said, relief washing over me. I've been looking for her for ages.

She smiled at me. "Hey, Charlie! What's up?" She was talking to Gee.

"Gee, can I borrow Freya for a second?" I asked, causing Gee to nod and talk to Will.

I took her outside where it was quieter and there weren't as many people. "What's wrong, Charlie? You're worrying me."

"I think I like Simon." I groaned, running a hand through my curly hair.

"Really?" Freya said. I nodded, looking down. I was engaged to be married to my high school sweetheart and I had a crush on my best friend! I felt the tears brimming my eyes. Don't cry, Charlotte, don't cry. "Aw babe, come 'ere." Freya hugged me. "You know, I think Simon still likes you. The only reason why he tried with Ellie was that you wanted him to." Ellie and Simon didn't hit it off as well as I expected.

"Freya, what do I do?" I questioned.

"I can't make that decision for you. Go with your heart. If you want to be with Simon, go for it. You deserve to be happy. But think about Lewis, too." Freya told me. "I'll leave you to think about it, yeah?"

"Yeah, please," I told her. I sat on the wall, looking up at the sun setting. I was just thinking. Should I stay with Lewis, the boy who I've been in love with since high school, or go for Simon, my best friend who knows everything about me?