39 | the wedding: part 2

Edited: 10/04/2018

Charlotte

We arrived at the venue where we were holding out reception and it looked phenomenal. Before walking into the building, there was a red carpet where the photographer would take photos of each group going in.

Once we went inside, I was even more taken aback by how lovely the inside was. In front of our table which was right at the end, was a LED dance floor which matched with our table as that was also covered with LED lights. At our table (from left to right) was my mum, Megan, Callum, Freya, myself, Simon, Oli, JJ and Simon's parents. On the table closest to me was Gee, Lauren, Jasmine and Georgia, and also Jasmine's and Georgia's boyfriends. On the other side was the rest of the Sidemen. Scattered all around the hall were family members and close friends.

After eating our food, we decided to cut the cake which was in the middle of the dance floor

After eating our food, we decided to cut the cake which was in the middle of the dance floor. Everyone gathered around us and as we both held on to the knife, we turned to the camera and smiled for a couple of photos. We moved it to the corner of the room as it was now time for giving the presents out and saying our speeches. Simon and I were both speaking, Mum, JJ (which we were dreading as there were kids around) and Freya.

The first speech was my mum. "I'd like to welcome you all here today to celebrate the marriage of my daughter Charlotte and Simon. For those of you who don't me, I'm the mother of the bride. There's a reason I'm doing this speech today and that is because I haven't been in Charlotte's life that much as when she was born, it came as quite as a surprise and I had to sadly put Charlotte up for adoption and have only just recently got her back. What the crazy thing is, is that Charlotte and Callum," she pointed to Callum then continued speaking, "met through mutual friends, and that was when I realised that that was my daughter, Callum's twin. I immediately dug through papers and called Charlotte's adoptive family so I could get back in contact with her." Mum started tearing up a little, so I got up from my seat and gave her a hug.  "I'm so happy I've got my little Charlie back into my life. Better late than never, right? I'd also like to take a moment to welcome Simon into the family and also his parents Liz and Eddie and his brother's, Nick and Johnny. This is the proudest day of my life. I'm sure you'll all agree to how stunning Charlie looks today. She's grown from a beautiful little girl into a beautiful young woman and I know she is going to have many happy years together with Simon." Simon grabbed my hand and smiled. I smiled too, putting my head on his shoulder for a brief minute. "Today will be the happiest day of your lives, but you've got many more laying ahead of you. You're heading on an amazing journey together and I wish you every happiness. I know you are going to have so many happy years together. I'd like you to be upstanding and toast the happy couple." Everyone stood up and held their wine glasses up, as did everyone on our table.

It was now JJ's turn to say his speech.

"I apologise in advance for anything JJ may say!" Simon said into the microphone, causing everyone including JJ to laugh.