29 | edinburgh

Edited: 09/04/2018

Charlotte

Today I was meeting my birth mother for the first time and it was safe to say that I was very anxious. After having a shower, I got dressed in a plain black top, which showed off my bump that was getting bigger by the day, a pair of leggings and a pair of Adidas Superstars. Just underneath my bump, I tied a denim jacket around it. I took a photo after doing my makeup and hair, which I posted to Snapchat.

 I took a photo after doing my makeup and hair, which I posted to Snapchat

As I made sure I had everything, Simon walked into our bedroom. "I'm going to miss you." He pouted, with puppy dog eyes. Since we've been together, we've rarely been away from each other. This was the first time in almost a year, where we are sleeping in different beds.

"I'll miss you too, but I'll be gone three days. We can Skype every night." I told him. I kissed his cheek as I continued looking through my bags. The doorbell rung, indicating that Cal was here to pick me up. I looked up at Simon and sighed. I hugged him, then he bent down to my bump.

"I'm going to miss you and mummy, Oli." He spoke, putting his forehead on my bump. It was the cutest thing ever. "Have you got everything?"

"I think so."

Josh called up to us, and we walked downstairs, Simon carrying my bags. "You guys are acting like you'll be away from each other for a year." He laughed.

"It feels like it," Simon grumbled, handing my bags to Callum. We hugged one last time, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. "Look after her Callum, make sure she eats, make sure she-" Simon babbled on.

 "Look after her Callum, make sure she eats, make sure she-" Simon babbled on

"Si, he knows what to do." I laughed.

"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about you and the baby." He sighed.

"I'll be fine. I'll text you when we arrive, I'll Skype you every night. Before you know it, I'll be back." I kissed him, then it was time to go. Okay, let's do this.

***

Despite the drive to Edinburgh being almost eight hours long, it felt like a second. We listened to the radio and when Oops, the bands newest single, came on and I sang to little Oli. I heard that singing and talking to the bump is good for the baby.

Once Cal pulled into the driveway of his hometown, I was suddenly really nervous. What will Mama Airey think of me? I know I'm her biological daughter, but it's been twenty-four years! That's a long time. I didn't even know I was adopted until just the other day and now I'm meeting my family already. It's going so fast, and I don't know if I'm ready, but I'm here now.

Before we even got out of the car, I saw Mama Airey open the front door. Cal got out of the car, then run around to my side to help me out. I was getting bigger every day and I was hard to even get in and out of cars, up and down the stairs and even to bend down. While Callum got the bags out of the car, I waddled over to Mama Airey. I saw she had tears in her eyes. "Charlotte I'm so sorry!" She said as she gave me a big hug.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked when we pulled away from the hug. "You have nothing to be sorry about."

"I do. I gave away one of you. I can't believe I split up you and Cal." She told me. "And look at you, you're beautiful, you've got talent...You're pregnant! I'm going to be a grandma, and I've only just found you!"

I smiled at her as Callum appeared with our bags. "Hi mum," he hugged her. We walked into the house and I saw Megan.

"Megs," I squealed, hugging her.

"I can't believe you're actually my sister in real life! This is so cool," She smiled. "And I'm going to be an aunt too! Now I don't have to wait for Callum to get a girlfriend cause we all know that's never going to happen."

We all laughed but Callum. "God, I'm going to get even more battered now." He moaned.

"Shut up." We all smiled, giving Cal a hug.

"We love you really," I said, making Mama Airey and Megan agree. Seems like I had nothing to worry about.