24 | doctors

Edited: 09/04/2018

Charlotte

Today us girls had another interview about Shout Out To My Ex and our newest album Glory Days, but I was feeling really under the weather, so our management said I could take a day off. I could barely get out of bed. Luckily, Simon had a couple of prerecorded videos, so he was looking after me. He even got me a doctor's appointment which we were getting ready to go to now. I was always feeling exhausted, moody and I was also feeling nauseous but not actually being sick.

As we were only going to the doctor's today, I left my hair and makeup natural. I put on SDMN tracksuit bottoms, a plain spaghetti strap top and a SDMN jumper, with a pair of Adidas Superstars. Just a comfortable outfit.

The doctors were only a five-minute walk from where we lived, so we took a walk together, hand in hand

The doctors were only a five-minute walk from where we lived, so we took a walk together, hand in hand. Luckily, there were no paps outside the house, as it was pretty early in the morning.

I hated going to the doctors. It could be absolutely anything. "What do you think it could be?" I asked Simon.

"I don't know, babe." He said as we walked into the doctor's surgery.

I signed in and then we took a seat. I tweeted on the group Twitter account. 'At the doctors today😢 -Charlie<3'. As I posted it, my name got called. Simon could tell I was nervous, so he grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb over it, which calmed me down. We went into the doctor's office and she smiled at me.

"How can I help you today?" She asked, facing me and Simon.

"Recently I've been feeling really exhausted, moody and nauseous. I've been so tired I can barely get out of bed." I told her.

"Okay, when was the last time you had intercourse?" She asked, typing on her computer.

"I-I don't know about a month ago?" Then it hit me. Was I pregnant with Simon's child?

"Well, we're going to have to take a pregnancy test to find out." She handed me a little cup to pee in. "You know what to do."

Simon

As Charlotte walked off to the toilet, I started playing with my fingers. Charlotte and I were both too young to have a child, we had very busy careers and the fans. Oh gosh, what would the fans think? Charlotte eventually came in and then the doctor left to do the test to see if it was positive.

"I can't be pregnant, the band is just taking off... I'll be away all the time..." Charlie muttered. "What will my management say?" She looked up at me, with worry filling her eyes.

"We don't know anything yet," I told her, the doctor walking in. We both looked up at her, hoping that Charlie wasn't pregnant. Of course, if she was, we would just have to work around our schedules.

"So the test came back positive and you're about four weeks." The doctor said, sitting back down and typing on her computer. "I'm going to refer you to the hospital for regular check-ups to see if the baby is growing normally and is healthy." She printed out a sheet and handed it to Charlie. "I actually fit you in for seven this evening, if you can make it?"

Charlie just nodded, not saying anything. "Thank you," I told the doctor as both of us walked out and set off for home.

On the way home, she called Freya, asking her to come over with Gee. "Sorry I've been really quiet Si, I'm just shocked." She told me.

"Listen, Lie," I called her by her nickname and she grabbed my hand, we stopped in the middle of the street. I was going to call her Lottie, but she said it reminded her too much of Lewis (a/n: pronounced Leigh). "I'm shocked too. But it's the start of an amazing thing. We'll make this work. I promise." I kissed her forehead and pulled her into a hug.

Then the paps came. We both pulled our hoodies over our head and walked fast, back home. How did they even get in? It's a gated community! "Charlotte, why did you go to the doctors?" One pap said.

"That's personal business." She replied as we went through the side gate to our house. We locked everything to make sure no one came in.

We walked in the front door and there waiting for Charlie was Freya and Gee. "How did the doctor's go?" Freya asked, hugging her.

"Well," Charlie grabbed my hand. "Simon and I are having a baby."

Freya and Gee looked at each other, then back at us, then back at each other. "OH MY GOD! WE'RE GOING TO BE AUNTIES!" They both squealed. "Congrats guys," they said simultaneously as Josh, Vikk and JJ both came down the stairs.

"What's going on?" Josh asked.

"Let's just say you're not going to be Daddy Zerk anymore." Charlie laughed.

"You're expecting?" Josh asked, looking at Charlotte.

"Yeah," we both laughed, as another round of congratulatory hugs were given.

"Well, I better tell my management," Charlie said, pulling out her phone.

"Me too," I replied, copying her actions.