33 | proposal

Edited: 10/04/2018

Charlotte

It's been about three or four weeks since the wedding and the newlyweds have just come back from their honeymoon. However, today Simon and I were going on a date that he's been planning. Simon, Josh, Cal(Freezy) and Ethan have all been out setting up this date. Freya and Gee both know about it but won't tell me where Simon is taking me. They claim it's 'a surprise'. The two girls looked in my closet for something for me to wear, while I had a shower.

Once I had finished in the shower, I came out in my robe and Freya did my hair, while Gee did my makeup. For my blonde, ombré pink hair, Freya did two French braids that went into a ponytail. It sounds simple, however, Freya did it at least two times because she wanted it perfect. For my makeup, Gee did a bronzed natural look with a red lip. She put on my usual foundation, powder and setting powder before she did my contour and highlight. The contour was sharp, and the highlight was so bright it could blind you. She also used a shiny pink blush, before moving on to the eyes, which were simple. Gee just put on a brown eyeshadow and highlight on the inner corner of my eyes with some mascara. A little dot of highlight on the nose and a red lip and the look was completed! They went out of the room so I could get changed into the outfit they left for me which was a white v-neck dress which luckily still fit over my ever-growing baby bump. They also paired it with a black leather jacket and some white converse so it wasn't too fancy. It was just as casual outfit but still looked really nice.

Once I was ready, I walked out of mine and Simon's room to see Gee and Freya waiting outside the room

Once I was ready, I walked out of mine and Simon's room to see Gee and Freya waiting outside the room. "Oh my god, you look so pretty!" They squealed, proud of what they've accomplished of the final result.

"Simon's going to love you, even more, tonight," Freya winked, Gee agreeing. "Alright, well Josh is going to be here in a minute to take you to the location of the date."

"Can't you just tell me where the date is?"

"No, it's a surprise!"

I sighed and threw myself on to the sofa, my arms crossed over my chest and pouted like a baby. The two girls just laughed. "How are you even having a baby when you act like one?" Gee said.

***

Josh pulled into the car park of our local park, that was lit with fairy lights. "This is so cute!" I smiled as we got out of his black Audi. "Where's Simon?" I asked.

"Keep walking straight ahead and eventually you'll find him by the big tree." Josh smiled at me.

I knew exactly where Josh was talking about and smiled as I walked off to find Simon. The tree was in the centre of the park, so I could see it. All around the branches of the tree were fairy lights, lighting up the setting sky. In front of the tree was a blanket, with a picnic basket on it, but there was no Simon. I looked around for him until I felt two hands cover my eyes. "Hello baby," I heard Simon's voice whisper. I turned around to look up at the tall guy in front of me.

"Si!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around him. "You and the boys did all this for me?"

"Yes, I've got all your favourite sandwiches, crisps, chocolate. Anything I knew you liked in this basket."

I squealed. "This is so cute Si."

***

After we had finished the food, we were lying on the blanket looking up at the stars, talking about everything and anything, until Simon sat up. "I have something to ask you."

I held my arms out so he could help me up, which he did. "What's that?" I asked.

After a moments silence, I raised an eyebrow and Simon blurted out, "when would you like to get married?"

The question took me by surprise, but before I could say anything, Simon stood up and helped me up. "Because I was thinking as soon as possible?" He got down on one knee and pulled out a velvet box from his pocket with a beautiful ring in. We've been together for what feels like forever when it's only been about eight months. Was it too soon?

"Yes." I blurted out, smiling as I jumped into Simon's long slender arms. Despite me being pregnant, he can still carry me which is crazy.

I saw the rest of the Sidemen and my girls come out of the bushes that surrounded us and cheer. "Congratulations!" I smiled, hugging my friends, who are all pretty much my family.