32 | josh and freya's wedding: part 2

Edited: 09/04/2018

Charlotte

After our food, it was time for the speeches. Tobi and I both had speeches, reminiscing about the old times. We both went up on the stage with our pieces of paper, Tobi starting first.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. May I, first of all, introduce myself to those of you who don't know me, my name is Tobi. I'm absolutely honoured to be standing here today and humbled that Josh has asked me to be his best man. I know there are 3 reasons Josh has asked me to be best man. First of all, he knew I could organise a decent night out for the stag do, also, he knew the speech would be one to remember, and finally, I think he just wanted to look taller in the photos. Obviously, there are certain duties as best man I have to do. I'd like to firstly thank the bridesmaids for not only doing a great job in the church earlier today, but also for helping Freya this morning and getting her ready, calming her nerves, and I'm sure she'll be thankful of them today every time she needs the loo. It goes without saying, they all look fantastic, but obviously, not as much as Freya. Let's face it, it's her wedding day, she planned it like that. No doubt everyone here today thought the same 2 things as Freya walked in the church- firstly how beautiful she looked, and secondly, that Josh is massively punching above his weight. I'd also like to thank Simon and Cal(Freezy) the ushers, where are you, lads? I'd like to thank them for the absolutely bang up job they did of telling people where to sit in the church and here. And finally, I also want to thank Freya and Josh, for helping me find the love of my life!" Everyone awed as Tobi blew a kiss to Lauren making her blush. "So, traditionally the best man has to say some embarrassing stories about the groom and truthfully I had a bit of trouble here, not because Josh hasn't done anything embarrassing, but unfortunately 90% of it's not fit to say here today..." Everyone laughed before Tobi continued. "I should explain how I got to be standing here today, Josh and I have known each other for 16 years and let me tell you, the transformation I have witnessed has been nothing short of a miracle, seriously..." Again, everyone laughed and Josh yelled 'oi'. "Most of our teenage years were spent kicking a ball about the local tennis courts, he really loved his football but to be honest was pretty rubbish in almost every position... Hopefully, you'll have better luck tonight Freya." That caused everyone to erupt in laughter, even Josh! "On a more serious note I value Josh & Freya's friendship immensely and they have always been there whenever my family and I have needed them. Something we should bear in mind is that marriage is not about finding someone you can live with; it's about finding someone you absolutely cannot live without. I didn't really get the whole best man thing, but I think now I understand that there really isn't any person who could stand where I am now and be as proud as I am in my oldest and dearest friend. Ladies and gentlemen, I for one couldn't be happier that Josh and Freya have found real love and happiness in each other and wish them many wonderful loving years together, ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding and raise your glasses to the bride and groom, Mr & Mrs Bradley!" Everyone raised their glasses as Tobi and I clapped. "Now its time for Charlotte, the Maid of Honor to speak."

Tobi and I switched places so I could speak into the microphone.

"Hi everybody! I want to start off by thanking everyone for being here to celebrate Freya and Josh's very special day. Frey, you look absolutely stunning tonight! And Josh you don't look half bad yourself! I am very honoured to be here standing by your side on the best day of your life. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Charlotte or Charlie, and I am Freya's best friend and maid of honour. Freya has always been like the older sister I've always wanted. Not only did we fight like sisters, but we most importantly loved like sisters. We've laughed, cried, laughed until we cried and know more about each other than we probably care to. We've been through some of the hardest times of our lives together and have been grateful to have each other through some of the best. I've had the opportunity to watch Freya mature, grow and evolve into the beautiful woman that sits before us today and I am honoured to call her my best friend. She is driven, intelligent, kind-hearted and the most selfless woman you will ever meet. She puts forth thought, effort and dedication into everything she does, and I know Freya will approach her new role as a wife the same exact way." I turned my page over to read more. "You are one lucky man Josh, don't you ever forget that. Thank you for making Freya so incredibly happy. It is with great comfort knowing she has a man who's caring, loving, spontaneous and supportive by her side." Everyone smiled as Josh pecked Freya's cheek. "I'll leave you two with a little advice. Love isn't perfect. It isn't a fairy-tale or a storybook and it doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. I hope you can both look back on today as the moment you loved each other the least. I love you both so much." Freya blew a kiss to me, smiling. "Let's all raise our glasses to the gorgeous Mr and Mrs Bradley. Cheers to new life, new love and everything in between. Congratulations! Now lets dance before the happy couple has their first dance."