3

"Appa, what's happening? Who is he? Why is he calling you Appa?" Namjoon asks calmly after managing to drag his father into the kitchen while the others sat awkwardly with the stranger in the living room.

"Joon-ah, it's a long story. Come on, we'll talk about this later. We have gue-"

"No, Appa. Tell me now. Why is there a kid with you all of a sudden?" He gently holds his father's shoulders as he says sternly. The middle-aged man smiles softly and shakes his head,

"You're just like your mother. Stubborn as always." His comment made Namjoon grimace playfully. Rubbing his nape, he heaves a sigh before continuing.

"I don't really think you'll believe in what I'm about to tell you. But what I'm telling you is true, so you better not think I'm crazy and send me to an asylum." He says and turns to make himself a cup of tea as he speaks.

"His name is Jimin. I found him unconscious on our doorstep just a few weeks ago in only a white robe, so I took him in. And there's also this... note in his hand. It says,

"Your wish is granted, use it wisely, fox."

He pauses and glances at his son, whose brows are furrowed and lips pressed into a thin line. Taking a sip of his tea, he patiently waits for a reaction.

"Fox...? What's that supposed to mean? Appa, do you-"

"Yes, I know. Don't forget where you got that brain of yours from, Joon. I don't really remember if I've told you this before. I saved a kit before moving into the city. I took care of him for a while, but one day he just disappeared after I return from the city with groceries. I engraved a necklace for him. It's the dog tag necklace the boy is wearing right now. I'm sure of it."

Namjoon cocks one of his eyebrows as he eyes his father with a judging look. Slowly crossing his arms, he lets out an amused chuckle.

"So you're implying that this... kit, you took care of a few years back magically turned into a human and came sleeping on your doorstep? "

"Oh, why do I even bother. I knew you wouldn't believe me. You cheeky little-" Shooting a playful glare, he makes his son chuckle again.

"What does he say after he woke up?"

"Nothing. All he remembers is his name, nothing else. No memories of the past, family, friends. He didn't even know how he ended up here."

Namjoon scratches his head, a puzzled expression on his face.

Does that boy really don't remember, or is he just another lying freeloader? But, come to think of it... he really does emit a weird aura.

"Alright, that's enough, son. We don't have to crack our heads thinking about it. Time will tell us the truth, alright? Come on, let's go back. We've kept our guests waiting for so long!" The man chimes and happily walks out like they didn't just talk about something serious, and Namjoon smiles before following him behind.

Little did they know, that someone was there with them.

__

Jimin can't help but smile as he watches the boys' interactions. He doesn't remember seeing these people, but somehow, they feel awfully familiar. However, he just couldn't put his fingers on it.

Especially the girl.

It feels like she's the only girl he had ever seen in his entire life. Something about her makes his heartache for no known reason, but he just can't stop looking at her. When her eyes suddenly move to meet him, he quickly averts them as he fiddles with his fingers.

"So... what's your name?" One of the brunettes asks with a kind smile, making him feel even more nervous than he already is.

"I-it's Jimin." Hearing the name itself makes everyone in the room widen their eyes. Specifically Taehee, whose heart weirdly stung more than it normally does.

"O-oh! It's great to meet you, Jimin. My name is Hoseok! I'm your hope, I'm your angel, I'm J-Hope!" The grin on his face alone is contagious enough to make Jimin like him instantly.

"You can call me Taetae!" Another brunette suddenly shouts and grins a box-like smile at him. Deja vu shot through Jimin's mind at the image.

What is this weird feeling I keep getting? Why do I feel like I know them?

He shakes his head in slight frustration. The boy is starting to think that he's got some kind of mental problem. When he first opened his eyes, a sudden urge of looking into a mirror took over him, making him -weirdly knowing the way- run straight to a mirror.

And he was so happy to see himself, he couldn't express it through words.

What's wrong with me...?

"Jimin?" The middle-aged man's voice broke his line of thoughts, making him look up to meet the man's kind eyes.

"Go take a shower first. You just came back from the woods, we don't want dirt all over the house, do we?" Hearing this, the boy nods and obediently leaves for a shower. Taehee only realized that Jungkook had been gone for a while when he slips into the empty space next to her on the couch. Raising her brows, she eyes the boy who lightly tugs on her shirt.

"Taehee-yah, I need to tell you something. Can you come with me?" She turns to give the host a look -which he nods to- before she mumbles an 'okay' and follows him into their room.

Jungkook goes straight to hugging her after he locks the door, catching her off guard.

"Jungkook? What is this about?" The said male didn't say anything. He only hugs her tighter and gently sways their hips from side to side.

"You'll love me forever, right?" He mumbles into her shoulder, making her chuckle at his childlike behavior.

"What are you talking about, Jungkook? Of course I will." A grin finds it's way onto his face at this, and he slowly pulls away to look into her eyes.

"Good. I just need confirmation before I tell you."

"Tell me what?"

"I might know who that Jimin is."