8

"I'm counting on you, Taehee. Please don't let them burn down the house." Donghoon says and gently pats her on her arm while simultaneously glancing at the boys standing beside her.

After deciding that he should make Jimin his official son, Donghoon had been planning a trip into the city with Jimin to get his papers done. And when Namjoon heard about this, the man decided to tag along.

Holding onto his duffle bag as he stares at the house, Jimin's thoughts are full of his imagination of the city. Since it's his first time to ever step foot into one, he is quite nervous about it.

Occasionally wiping his sweaty palms against his ripped jeans which used to belong to Namjoon, he patiently waits for Donghoon, who just can't trust the boys enough to leave the house.

"Aigoo appa. That's enough. You've been going on non-stop for the past 15 minutes. We gotta go now." Namjoon groans as he starts growing impatient, but only earning himself a smack on the back of his head.

"Tch. This kid. You're just like your mother! Alright then, let's get moving before it gets late. You kids, behave yourselves alright? I'll be back before you know it, Taehee. Just be patient with them, hm?" Taehee giggles at the man's words and nods, waving at the three with a warm smile on her face.

Namjoon was on the passenger seat while Jimin was at the back. Pressing his face against the back window of Donghoon's car, the boy waves at his friends as they grow smaller and smaller in his vision until their silhouettes gradually disappear.

He pulls himself back and flops down on the seat, sighing. Weight seems to have been placed on his chest as he feels another new emotion he himself isn't familiar with. In an attempt to shrug the feeling off, he shifts himself nearer to the window and gazes at the scenery they're passing by.

The natural green of the field and mountains matches well with the light blue sky. It always gives him a light feeling. Freedom. His thoughts drifts back to a Deja vu feeling he got just a few days ago when he stared out the window.

The memory is quite blurry, but he can still make out the scene. It happened right outside the house on the field. It was the vision of a creature with orange fur again, but this time, there's a human with the creature.

The boy's face is blurry, but evidently smiling as he ran. The visioner is close behind as if he's chasing the boy in a playful manner.

Why do I keep getting visions of a furry creature? The boy thinks to himself. He is really starting to question his own sanity at this point. He even thought about the possibility of him actually escaping from a mental asylum before losing his memories.

He scratches his head and groans in frustration, making Namjoon look back at him with his brows raised.

"Jimin-ah, are you alright? Do you need some fresh air?" The boy gives his hyung a small smile and nods. Donghoon smiled too. Seeing how the kids get along so well definitely made his day. He wasted no time to push the 'open window' button on his door.

As the wind caresses his hair, Jimin closes his eyes and relaxes into the coolness of the air. Unfortunately for him, it is when you're calm and relaxed when you remember something you thought you've forgotten. Another Deja vu flashes through his mind, except this time, the wind had made it so much more realistic.

He was in the forest, running. The wind brushes through his orange fur, tickling the skin underneath them. His heart was thumping hard against his rib cage as adrenaline flowed through his veins. Other than his crazy heartbeat, he heard something else. The rustling of bushes and crunching sounds of dead leaves from behind. He was running away.

Something was chasing him.

Then everything went black, making him snap out of his trance with another mild headache following after. Holding his head with one hand, he pulls on the button of the window with the other, closing it. Namjoon looks over at him, a concerned look slowly forming on his face.

"Jimin, what's wrong? You're acting weird."

"I-I'm fine, hyung. I'm just not used to riding in a car that's all." He looks at the older boy and forces a smile, hoping inside that it's convincing enough. And Namjoon nods at him, pushing away the uneasy feeling in his chest.

"We're arriving soon. The city's probably nothing like how you imagined it, so don't get too shocked." He says with a smile as he thinks about Jimin's possible reaction. Even though he knew the boy is quiet as ever, he's sure his reaction would be amusing.

Ignoring his headache, Jimin squints his eyes at the unfamiliar buildings in the distance. As they move closer to the buildings, they grow bigger, and so does his eyes.

The city is nothing like the boy imagined it to be. When Jungkook told him that 'the city is full of buildings', he had imagined structures like the house he's been living in. But tall, shiny skyscrapers are seen instead.

"They're called skyscrapers. Bet you've never seen anything like them. Beautiful, aren't they?" Donghoon says and looks into the mirror at Jimin, who once again stuck his face against the window like a child.

As the car moves slowly, Jimin observes the streets in indescribable excitement. People rushing to work with phones against their ears, the ice cream parlor selling ice cream to happy children who had dragged their unwilling parents over, an old couple sitting on a bench together with their hands intertwined as they feed the pigeons with bread crumbs.

The sight of more humans gives the boy a feeling of excitement. It feels fresh and new, and he likes it. He had been wanting to live life the way people do, and maybe, moving into the city would allow him to do that.

Yeah. Moving into the city, that's probably what he should do.