17

The difference.

Taehee noticed. How Jimin's smiles are brighter and more constant. How the way he treats everyone changes. How he turned from shy and timid to open and outgoing.

It's like he is a different person, and Taehee is glad of it.

As he has his eyes on the book placed before him, Taehee took the chance to take a closer look at his features. The way his eyes shimmer in acknowledgment makes her feel proud.

"Do you think I can master Hangul up soon?" He asks when they had finally finished their lesson for the day. Grinning as she busies her hands by keeping the books away, she answers with a light chuckle,

"Yes, definitely. You effortlessly remember all the hard lessons, so yeah, maybe you'll be able to master it all after only two to three classes." Jimin can't help but smile brightly at that.

"And I owe it all to you, Taehee-yah. Thank you so much." The boy says with his eye smile. That's when Taehee realizes just how bright, how warm this boy really is.

Just a moment there, she once again saw the fox she had loved so much, and she would be lying if she said her heart didn't skip a beat for him.

__

"Mm! This is amazing! What is this thing?" Holding the hot mug with both his hands, Jimin continues to take quick, small sips of the drink as he squeals excitedly.

Taehee only shakes her head with a laugh, taking a sip of her own drink. Jimin mentioned how he is starting to feel nauseous of the plain white room, so Taehee decided to bring him along to the hospital café to help him freshen up.

So here they are, sitting by the window opposite each other with hot mugs in their holds.

"That's a cappuccino. Or, to put it in a simpler way, coffee."

"This is coffee? But it tastes different from the one Jungkook bought for me though."

"Hmm. He must've bought Americano for you then. It tasted bitter, didn't it?" The boy slowly nods at her, mug still held up to his lips. He looks up when Taehee sighs.

"I'm glad you like cappuccino. Jungkook thinks that it's too sweet, so he has always been an Americano person. Since we both like cappuccino, you can be my coffee buddy!" She chimes making the boy grin.

"Sure. I would love that." And then, there's the warm smile again. For some reason, it really reminds her of the days she spent with him two years ago.

"Jimin-ah, you know, I actually..." She pauses for a while to look into the boy's eyes.

"Actually, I already know that you were a fox." Then she stops to observe his reaction, which is obviously shocked.

She noticed how he gulped a little and looks away to avoid eye contact. How he nervously rubs his palms together, playing around with the sleeves of his hospital gown as he thinks of what to say.

Did I just... stupidly touch a sensitive topic?! She mentally slaps herself.

What on earth were you thinking, you idiot?! He obviously doesn't want to talk about it! How could you-

"And you're not... weirded out...?" He asks, keeping his head low but still has his eyes on her.

"What? N-no! Of course not! I was actually-" She pauses, her nervous expression slowing turning into a soft one as she takes a deep breath.

"I'm actually really glad you're back, Jimin-ah." She says with a smile. Hearing this only made Jimin grin happily.

"So you remember everything? Everything of my fox form?" When she nods, he silently squeals a little, later holding her hands in his as he slowly calms down.

"Thank you so much, Taehee. Really, thank you so much." She can feel her face warming up a little at his smile and the way wrinkles form beside his eyes when he does it.

Damn it, Taehee! Stop it! What on earth are you even thinking?!

Jimin, soon with curious eyes, leans over the table a little.

"Tae...hee...? Are you okay? Your um..." He waves his index finger in a circular motion towards his cheek, "cheeks are a little red."

Her hands immediately fly up to cover her cheeks as she looks into his eyes which are staring back at hers.

Somehow, the way he looks at her makes her feel even more nervous.

"I-I'm fine! I-It must be the coffee! I think we should go back now, or the nurse might scold us for being out for so long!" With a few nods, the boy stands up -pushing his chair back in the process- and puts his hand out for her to take with a grin.

"Let's go back then." 

__

Jungkook knows how idiotic he looks right now but he really doesn't care much.

Holding two huge bags of leftover food he had gotten from Jin -who works part-time in a café and had his boss biased towards him- he's now walking to Jimin's room with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Even though he had greeted all the nurses and patients he met along the way, it didn't take him long before he reaches the destination with his long legs.

Transferring one of the bags to his other hand, he gently knocks on the door and peeps his head in only to find the room empty.

"That's odd. Where did they go?" He mumbles to himself as he puts the bags in and gently closes the door.

He stood idly outside, thinking about where the two could possibly be until when he hears footsteps coming his way from across the hallway. 

"Oh! It's Jungkook!" Jimin's voice that had bounced off the walls reaches him and has him raise his head to see Jimin approaching.

"Ah! Jiminie! Where have you- " that is when his eyes trail down to Jimin and Taehee's intertwined hands.

"...been."

"The hospital café! Taehee brought me there because I felt a little uncomfortable in the room." Noticing how Jungkook has his eyes on their hands, Taehee silently slips hers out of Jimin's.

When Jungkook's eyes traveled up to meet hers, she smiles softly, eyes telling him that she'll explain everything to him later.

"Jimin, can you go check out the food I brought from Jin hyung? I just need to have a little talk with Taehee." Said boy sensed the weird atmosphere. He nods, not wanting to cause a scene, and enters his room.

He has his back pressed against the door as he stares at the two huge bags placed on the ground, thoughts lingering in his mind.

I didn't cause trouble... did I...?