23

Taehee is trying to avoid Jimin; and she made it very, very obvious.

Jimin was walking out of his room when he met eyes with her. They both stood frozen for a while, staring at each other silently. And then all of a sudden, Taehee flinches and speed walks away while covering her head with her hoodie. And Jimin can only sigh, wondering if what he did was wrong.

So, he went to ask for help. From Hoseok.

"You did what?! Yah! Are you nuts?!" Was Hoseok's reaction when the poor boy told him about what happened at the park.

"Hyung, please listen to me-"

"Yah Park Jimin! Out of the 100 things you shouldn't do, you chose the most lethal one?!"

"Hyung! Please listen!" Frustrated, Jimin grabs onto Hoseok's shoulders and shakes them, hoping for him to calm down.

Why doesn't this hyung ever get tired?

"I don't know why I did it!" He shouts. He's very frustrated at this point, and so the truth comes out naturally. He has no idea why he did what he did, and he can't believe he actually knew how to do it either. When Taehee talked about not wanting to lose him, he just couldn't control himself because once again he felt loved. And now, he's desperate. Desperate because while he was trying to show her love, she became uncomfortable around him. And he hates it.

Hoseok calms down immediately. Deep down inside, he understood how the boy felt as he can also see sadness and desperation in the younger's eyes.

"Jimin-ah..."

"I just... I really don't know why I did it, hyung. I really don't..." Hoseok notices the tears forming in his eyes and feels his heart sting. Grabbing him by his arm, Hoseok brings Jimin to the balcony.

"Jiminie. You know, when you were a fox, you and Taehee were inseparable. And excluding Namjoon, we all saw how much you love her. I think that's why you did it. Because you love her, not as a friend, but as in a relationship."

"Hyung..."

"Okay, okay. I know what you're going to say, Chim. No, I'm not against you going after her. Taehee is my best friend, and for me, what's important is her happiness. So if you can make her happy, then you have my support."

__

"Aish. Song Taehee, stop it!" Taehee slaps herself across her face. Again. She can't stop herself from recalling the event in the park. The way Jimin, her used-to-be pet fox, had kissed her so passionately. She can't forget how his lips molded so perfectly with hers as if he was made just for her.

She can't forget no matter how hard she tried.

So now she lays, exhausted, on her and Jungkook's shared bed. It's horrible that she can still feel Jimin's lips on hers while she's laying on the bed that smells like Jungkook.

She feels so... dirty.

Groaning, she gets off the bed and changes into a hoodie. Hopefully, going out for a walk could help her clear her now chaotic mind. So, she left sneakily without anyone noticing.

The cold wind slaps onto her face as soon as she opens the apartment door. It's cold. But she can't risk going back inside for her scarf. She can't risk being spotted by Jimin.

Her mind is blank as she strolls aimlessly on the streets. It's probably because of the cold, but she really couldn't care less. She needs this.

Somehow, she ended up at the park. Smiling, she recalls her and Jungkook's time here. She makes a beeline over to the swings and sits, swinging herself with her legs. Jungkook is the one who usually pushes her. And other times, Hoseok would be here with her, fooling around and making noises even though they're both full grown adults.

But now that she's here alone, she wishes that someone is with her. She wishes that her pet fox is with her. She starts recalling the times when she was stuck with him in the forest. How he cuddled up with her just so he could share his warmth, how he protected her from his mother. He made it all so obvious, and yet, she doesn't acknowledge his love for her. Like an idiot.

Slowly, she stops swinging and stands back up. The wind is blowing stronger now, and if she doesn't return she might eventually freeze to death. And so, she slowly walks her way back. However suddenly, she hears the breaking of twigs behind her and pauses. Out of nowhere, images of her possibly getting kidnapped and sold to some perverts suddenly show up in her mind. Horrified, she walks at a faster pace while trying to look natural.

Please don't kidnap me please don't kidnap me please don't kidnap me please-

Whoever is chasing after her isn't being very secretive either. By the sound of shoes against grass, Taehee can tell that the person is now running towards her. So, she starts running too. She wants to scream for help, but the thinness of the air and her lungs don't seem to allow her to do so. So she just kept running with tears streaming down her face.

She's terrified.

However, before she could step out of the park, a strong pair of arms wrap themselves around her waist, and the person rests his chin on her shoulder; his cheek in contact with hers.

"Please stop running away from me... please..."

Jimin...?

As she attempts to wiggle out of his hold, he tightens his arms around her, holding her closer to him if that's even possible.

There's no way. Absolutely no way he's going to let go of her now.

"Taehee-yah, you do know that I love you right? If you don't then... I'm just going to have to let you know now.

I love you. I love you so much. So much that, nothing in this universe can compare. So please, don't run away from me."