박지민, pt. 2

"Appa!" Jimin grins as soon as Donghoon opens the door. The old man's surprised expression later turns into a smile when he reaches out to pat the boy on his head.

"Aigoo, Jiminie! You're here!" Then, Taehee appears from behind him,

"Hello, abeoji."

"Ah! Taehee! So you two are here together?"

"Mm. Namjoon hyung is with us too." Jimin answers for her, his smile growing bigger at the thought of them being a family.

"Ah, that's great! You guys can come in first, alright?" Donghoon steps aside, and they thank him before moving in.

"Appa." Namjoon greets with several bags of food in his arms. "Jin hyung asked me to give you these. He made them himself."

"Really? That's very nice of him! Tell him I said thanks. Oh, where's Kookie?" His father's question caught him off guard. He raises a brow,

"Do you... need him?"

"Oh, no no. I'm just asking because Taehee's here. He should-"

"Sorry to break it to you, appa. But..." Then Donghoon's eyes widen,

"Those two...?"

__

"Taehee~ Come cuddle with me~" Taehee chuckles at Jimin's needy side and remembers how he was in fox form. 

"Jiminie, you didn't change at all." She comments while putting away her bags. With a pout, Jimin stands up from the bed and grabs onto her hand, pulling her so she lands on him with a small squeal.

"I've always wanted to do this." He smiles, a nostalgic feeling washing over him. He hugs her closer to him, feeling her warmth, scent, love. Everything he had ever wanted.

"My dream came true."

"Hm?" 

"You know, back then, I wished I was human. I had so many things to tell you, but I just couldn't. I was probably the saddest fox to ever exist." Jimin's smile turns bitter as he stares up at the familiar ceiling. 

"No, I never wanted to leave. I don't want to go. My own blood only hurts me. She's not my family, you are. You and the boys. I love this place, this house, this family, and you. I love you. I wanted to tell you those on the night I left, but I couldn't. And the moment I saw you again in the forest? I thought my heart exploded. I thought I won't ever see you again and yet, there you are."

"Jiminie..." She calls out softly, and he looks down at her teary eyes. He smiles and gently wipes away the tears with his thumb.

"Don't cry. Every time I see you cry, my heart feels like it's being torn apart a little." He smiles and leans down to press a gentle kiss onto her forehead.

"Jimin, I'm sorry."

"Hm? What for?"

"That day... because of me, you-" Jimin presses his index finger to her lips then, silencing her.

"Don't feel sorry. I'm just glad that I'm here as a human, and I'm loving you as a human. That's all I've ever wanted." Then, they sink into a comfortable silence. He listens to her steady breathing and calmly beating heart as she lays in his arms. And just before he falls asleep, he feels a hand affectionately caressing his head, the one which had always lured him into dreamland.

"Thank you, Jiminie."

__

It was in the middle of the night when a howling woke Jimin up. He rubs his eye and turns his head towards the window, squinting his eyes a little. After properly tucking Taehee in bed, he slides his feet into his slippers and shuffles towards the window.

The lone wolf, so magnificent and strong, stood tall at the entrance of the forest. His grey fur glows under the moonlight, his body is covered with scars, but his golden eyes shined so brightly. And he looked right into Jimin's eyes,

Welcome back, kit.