25

"W-what?" 

He said it. The words she never thought she'd hear from him.

He said it.

"O-ppa..." She whimpers, tears already forming in her eyes. Jungkook's smile quivers at the sight of her tears, her shaking form, her sad eyes.

"I know that you've developed feelings for Jimin, Taehee." He breathes, a single tear rolling down his right eye as he does so. His heart aches, even more, when the girl doesn't deny what he said. Instead, she stood and stared into his eyes with hers wide.

"Taehee-yah, I love you, okay? And I just... won't be able to forgive myself if I can't make you happy. So if Jimin is the one who can make you smile, I'm willing to let you go. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Just as long as you're happy." He can no longer stop his tears at this point. It hurts to say those words. But it hurts, even more, to truly let go. Slowly, he turns around with the forced smile still on his face and moves towards the door.

"Jungkook no! Please!" The girl shouts as she grabs onto his jacket sleeve.

"Don't leave me... Please Jungkook, please..." Crying, she wraps her arms around the boy and cries onto his back. Of course, she might've developed feelings for Jimin. But that doesn't mean she had stopped loving Jungkook, the boy who plays a huge part in her life.

Jungkook's heart feels like it's about to burst as he looks down at her small hands around his waist. The pain is slowly killing him. He gently removes her hands and turns around, his body trembling.

"I'm s-sorry, T-taehee. You know w-we both need some time. I-I-'m sorry." He reaches out to wipe away her tears and turns, dashing out of the room.

"Jungkook!" As soon as his warmth disappears along with him, her knees went weak, and her shaking form falls onto the floor. Her heart feels empty, hurt, lonely.

How did they end up like this?

"Taehee!" Taehyung gasps as his eyes land on the girl who's a crying mess on the floor. He immediately crouches down beside her and pulls her into a hug while giving her gentle pats on her head.

"Shh... Don't cry, it's going to be okay. It's going to be okay..." He coos, trying his best not to cry himself.

__

Jungkook's sob could probably be heard from a mile away, but the boy really couldn't care less. He recalls how he was so afraid that Taehee would leave him. He was terrified, even. But he ended up being the one who left.

How ironic.

Leaning against the railing, he stares out at the ocean; not caring if the wind is blowing right at his face and freezing his face off. His body felt weak, his heart felt tired. Love is tiring, isn't it? He wants to run, to forget. It would be good if he gets hit by a truck and loses his memory.

But he knows that he'd probably regret it later if he does. Wiping his face with his jacket sleeve, he sighs and looks up at the sky, the moon. And then, he remembers when Taehee was still mourning Jimin's death. How she'd go out to the balcony and stare up at the moon, the one she used to stare at with the fox. How she'd talk about him.

There's no doubt that she had loved Jimin.

It took him a while to realize that his cheek now feels warm, but he eventually did. Someone had pressed a can of milk tea against his cheek. He gently takes the drink and mutters thanks without looking at the person.

"It's so cold. What're you doing out here?" He doesn't even need to look to know who it is. Jungkook laughs dryly and pops the can open.

"I'm guessing that you saw?" He asks, and the boy beside him nods silently.

"I'm sorry." Jungkook only smiled at his words, taking a sip of the drink.

"Idiot, why are you apologizing? This is my decision, it has nothing to do with you." The shorter boy sighs and rests his elbows on the railing.

"I know I'm partially responsible. If it weren't for me, if I didn't come back, you'd be together happily."

"No, Jimin. I'm glad you came back." Jungkook turns to the addressed boy this time. 

"She's happier because of you. Do you have any idea how guilty she felt when you were gone? She couldn't even sleep well sometimes because she was thinking of you, and now, everything's okay again... because you're here."

"No, it's not okay. This is not okay and you know it, Jungkook. I was stupid. I didn't think about the consequences, and now I've hurt her. I've hurt you. I'm sorry, Jungkookie. I'm really sorry." It was quiet. Neither of the males said anything as they stare into each other's eyes until Jungkook's -almost- poker face breaks into a cheeky grin.

"You didn't really think that I was gonna let her go, did you?" Jimin raises his brows at the boy, confused.

"It's true that I broke up with her, but that doesn't mean I was gonna give up on her, pabo." He chuckles, 

"May the best man win." and finishes with a mischievous smirk.