26

May the best man wins.

Jimin had learned the phrase and perfectly understood it. He's not sure if he should thank Jungkook for giving him a chance. He doesn't know what he's supposed to do. As he stood watching Taehee talk to Jin with tear stained cheeks and her fourth cup of ice cream in one hand, the boy can't help but feel both guilt and anger at the same time.

Was it his fault because he acted rashly and broke both Jungkook and Taehee's heart? Or was it Jungkook's for breaking up with her? He couldn't make up his mind. He shuts his eyes and exhales, hoping that would somehow relax his stressed self at least a little bit.

"Jimin?" A feminine voice calls out, which has his eyes shoot open. There before him is Nari, the nurse who was in charge of him. She smiles at him with her kind smile that he had now grown familiar to,

"Yes, yes! I was right! You're Park Jimin, aren't you?" She chimes, and Jimin smiles at her.

"Yeah, that's me. You here alone?"

"Oh, no no! I'm here with my boyfriend!" She says, and a man who Jimin hasn't notice steps forward with an outstretched hand and a grin.

"Name's Im Jaebum. Nice to meet you." Jimin smiles back at him and takes his hand,

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Park Jimin." The boy frowns a little when the man laughs as they shake hands.

"Yea, I know. Nari told me about you. The boy with relationship problems?" And Jimin laughs at that because what he said are probably true.

"Yep, that's me I guess."

__

"Aigoo, why are you still hesitating then?" Jaebum frowns, his finger tapping a rhythm on the table.

"I feel... weird. I just don't wanna hurt anyone. Not Jungkook, and definitely not her." 

"Look, friend, Jungkook is trying to set things right. Can't you see? He knows that Taehee had developed feelings for you-"

"Wait, she does?" Jimin leans in extremely close to the man's face with hopeful eyes while Jaebum backs away a little, his eyes narrowed.

"Yah. You have absolutely no idea? By what you told me, it's too obvious!" He gapes at the younger boy in bewilderment.

Just what is he?

"Look, Jimin. This is your chance. You want her, don't you? Then you better go for it. No hesitation, no second thoughts. This is a war, and you gotta go all out if you don't wanna lose her. You hear me?"

He's right. Thinking of it now, Jimin doesn't understand why he was hesitating either. This is his chance. This is what he came back for. This is what he wanted, isn't it? He had waited for so long. Went through so much.

And now, he can finally get what he wants.

__

Taehyung frowns as he eyes Taehee who sat by the window. He himself has never been in a relationship, nor has he developed feelings for anyone. Why is love so confusing? They clearly love each other, so why does this have to happen? Why are they hurting each other?

This is why I'm still single.

After that night, Jungkook had moved out of their place to another rented apartment. It may be better than making the atmosphere of the apartment awkward, but it pains Taehyung that they have to be separated. 

"Psst. Taetae!" Jimin whisper-shouted from behind, making the boy turn with raised brows.

"Oh, Jiminie. What's up?" 

"Did you see Taehee?" To that, Taehyung nods and points at her with a pout. "She's been sitting there without moving for at least an hour now."

And Jimin stands on his toes to look over the taller boy's shoulder. Taehee's silhouette is similar to a doll's. No blinking, no movement, no life. And that scares him a little.

"Woah, wait! What are you doing?!" Taehyung gasps as Jimin moves towards her and walks away while continuously chanting, "I can't watch I can't watch I can't watch."

"Taehee-yah..." The orange haired boy calls out but receives no response. So he shook her on her shoulder and made her flinch at his touch.

"Ah, Jimin... Sorry, I was just... thinking." Yeah. For over three days now. Jimin smiles sadly at her. If she's like this then... it must've been harder for Jungkook.

"If you're not busy, do you mind coming with me for a walk?" He asks with hopeful eyes, to which she smiles a little at.

"Mm, sure. I guess I need some fresh air too." And so he takes her hand and leads her to the door. Taehyung, who pokes his head out from behind the wall, widens his eyes at the duo exiting the house.

"Wah. How did he do that...?"

__

Jimin smiles as he and Taehee walk down the streets. He likes the feeling of her smaller hand in his, the feeling of having her walk beside him, and the feeling of being a couple with her. No, he shouldn't be feeling this way. She just broke up with Jungkook. But, he just can't help it.

He's so close to her. So close.

Sighing, he tries his best to just enjoy the moment and not think too much about the future. Just because they broke up doesn't mean they won't go back together again. No, he shouldn't have his hopes up too high. Subconsciously, he had held her hand tighter in his.

"Oh...?" Taehee only realizes where they're at when Jimin's movements come to a stop.

"Why... are we here?" She asks, her eyes roaming to the spot where Jimin had back hugged her. With his head lowering a little and his lips pressed into a thin line, he once again starts moving towards the set of swings, pulling her along with him. He gently pushes her to sit her down on the swing and crouches down before her, his eyes meeting hers with adoration and love.

"Taehee-yah, I'm really sorry about what happened. I know it was partially my fault."

"Jiminie, stop. What happened has nothing to do with you, okay? It's just... It's me. I'm the one at fault. I was-" 

"Shh..." The boy reaches out and wipes away the tears she didn't even realize has rolled down her cheeks with his thumb. Of course, it hurts him a lot to see her in pain. Of course, a part of him blames himself for it. But it's now or never.

He slowly stands up and pulls her into a comforting hug; her burying her face into his sweater where his stomach lies underneath. 

"I'll always be here for you to lean on, Taehee. Just like back then in the woods. Just like back then in that house. Nothing changed. I'm still me, the Jimin who loved his owner. The Jimin who loves you. So trust me. Lean on me." 

And then, she cried even more. Not because she was touched by his words, but because it's too difficult.

Why does someone have to get hurt? Why can't everyone have a happy ending?

A/N: ^ Leggit what I've been asking myself too :')

Anyways, I CAN NOW SAFELY SAY THAT THE ENDING IS AWFULLY CLOSE!  YOU GUYS CAN FINALLY STOP SUFFERING NOW :'D