13

"In this case, I would say that it's Hysterical Amnesia. And even though it's an extremely rare case, it is not impossible that the headache he had was caused by the returning of his memories." The doctor says this and pushes her glasses up with her index finger while she glances at the two boys sitting before her.

Their serious expressions show just how much they are concerned for the younger, bringing a small smile to the middle-aged doctor's face.

"Hey, don't look so serious, alright? There's nothing big that would endanger his life. But even so, both the boy's mental and physical state isn't very healthy.
I've looked through the x-ray results, and his brain activity is just ridiculous. He must've been through a lot of stress trying to figure out his past. So, I've hooked him up to an IV for vitamin drips since he's not been eating all that well either. Let him rest for about a week and he'll be back up on his feet. Just avoid anything or topic that might stress him out, okay?" She explains with a gentle smile, giving them permission to enter Jimin's ward before leaving.

They wasted no time to quietly enter the room, shifting over to Jimin's bedside.

It was only then that Namjoon realizes just how horrible Jimin looked. His hair is slightly messy, his lips are dry and chapped, his skin pale, and he even has dark circles under his eyes. At first glance, it would be an understatement to think that the boy is all prepared for some trick-or-treating.

A sudden sadness washes over both men as they stand and stare at the unconscious boy, now dressed in a plain white hospital gown. Both had the same grim expression on their faces.

"I'm sorry." Jin suddenly mumbles, eyes never leaving the boy. He feels his chest swell up in even more guilt when Namjoon, instead of blaming him for everything, pats him gently on his back.

"Hyung, you know it's not your fault. It's mine for hiding everything from him. If I had told him earlier, he wouldn't be lying here now. Hell, he would be sleeping back at home, preparing himself to have the time of his life in this city." The older man looks up at him and smiles softly as he wraps his arm around his shoulder.

"You've changed. You really do love this boy, don't you?" He pauses for a while before continuing, " Let's... not blame ourselves or anyone and just focus on helping him, alright? He's been through a lot, but I don't think he would want us to go all stressed about him like this. You stay and look after him, I'll just go home and get some food and spare clothes, alright? Call me if anything happens." And with another light pat on the younger's back, he left the two alone.

As soon as he opens the door of the room, however, he gasps as he's startled by the presence of Hoseok and Taehee, both kneeling on the ground and obviously eavesdropping.

Jin closes the door and pushes past them, later crossing with arms with one of his brows raised.

"I thought I told you two to go to bed? Do you have any idea what time it is? It's way past your bedtime." His calm and cold tone sends shivers down the two's spines, causing them to immediately get on their knees once again on the ground with their heads hung low.

"W-we're sorry! We were j-just really worried about Jimin." Hoseok chokes out shakily, not daring to meet the elder's eyes.

"Let's just go back home. It's late now, you guys can come to visit him again tomorrow, okay?" He says and gently pulls the two up, ushering them to follow him to the parking lot.

The ride back home was silent with Hoseok half asleep in the back seat and millions of thoughts running through Jin's mind. Taehee takes continuous glances at Jin. The question has been lingering in her head for a while now, but for some reasons, she just couldn't bring herself to ask.

"Taehee-yah, what is it?" Jin's voice gave her a mini heart attack. She places her palm against her chest in an attempt to calm her wildly beating heart while looking over at the man.

"Ah oppa... you scared me."

"Well, I think I should be scared since you've been staring at me for the past 5 minutes."

"Oh... sorry, Jin oppa."Jin looks over at her slightly frowning features for a brief moment before turning his focus back on the road.

"Hee-yah, you know you can tell oppa anything, right? Don't be shy or hesitant, I won't judge you." Hearing this somehow calmed her a little. And so, with a little hesitance she stutters,

"O-ppa, you... know something don't you?"

"Hm? What do you mean by that?"

"I'm talking about Jimin. Jimin the fox and Park Jimin, Namjoon oppa's dongsaeng. Oppa, you know something about them, don't you?" She looks over at Jin again. The man hasn't said a word. With his eyes glued onto the road before him and his face expressionless, it's impossible to tell what he was thinking about.

Taehee heaves a sigh and relaxes her shoulders which she didn't realize was tensed. She leans her body against the seat and slowly closes her eyes, muttering an audible 'Sorry, Oppa' to Jin as she slowly drifts off to sleep.

As he continues driving, Jin blinks his tired eyes a few times and scratches his head. In an attempt to ease his tiredness, he rolls his neck a few times before glancing at the now sleeping girl.

"I'm sorry, Taehee-yah. You'll have to find out for yourself."

__

With his dimples showing, Namjoon smiles a little as he watches Jimin who's finally sleeping peacefully. When his ringtone suddenly erupts, filling in the quiet room; he quickly but clumsily fishes his phone out.

Namshoot. Forgot to silence this piece of metal. 

Frowning a little when he glances at the screen which shows 'Jin hyung', he quickly taps on the green button and presses it against his ear.

"Hello? Hyung?" 

"Yah Kim Namjoon. I thought I told you to tidy up your wardrobe? Look at this mess! Especially the underwear drawer!" The man groans silently with his face scrunched up.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I promise to clean it up tomorrow. Please just get the clothes hanging on my chair? Thank you!" He finishes his sentence quickly and hangs up. Pinching his nose bridge, he sighs thinking about the lecture he is most likely getting from angry Jin in his eomma mode.

"H-hyung...?" Namjoon's eyes widen at Jimin's silent groaning, and he quickly turns and leans against the bed.

"Jiminie? Jimin, are you okay? I'll go call the nurse-" Before the older can walk away, Jimin had grabbed hold of his wrist. 

"No, hyung. Please just stay..." He croaks out with his voice still raw from the sleep. Namjoon was hesitant, but he listened and stayed seated.

"Hyung, I remembered." His words caused Namjoon to let out a light gasp and his eyes to widen. Slowly, worry fills up the older man. He is confused as to whether this is a good sign or not, but there's really nothing he can do other than to listen quietly.

"I remembered, and I think I know why I'm here. It's Taehee, hyung. I'm only here because of her."

"Jimin-ah... You know she didn't do that on purpose-"

"I know, hyung. That's not what I mean. That was my choice, I died because I wanted to save her."

"What do you mean then?" Namjoon frowns, a bad feeling slowly swells up in his chest.

"I'm here because I wanted to love her the way I wanted to. I wanted to love her as a human."