5

"I wish Yoongi hyung is here." Taehyung mumbles as he and Hoseok attempt on fixing the broken fridge door. Namjoon who sat on the stool beside the countertop huffs, sending glares to Taehyung who gulps under his sharp gaze.

"Did you really have to call Jin hyung and tell him about this? I got a one hour lecture through the phone because of you!" Not feeling guilty at all, Taehyung grins cheekily at the older boy, who looks away as his heart swells up in irritation.

"Yah, focus! If you want those cookies, you better help with fixing this a.s.a.p!" Hoseok glares at Taehyung who quickly nods his head and puts his focus back on fixing.

Tch. You're lucky my dad knows how to bake. Namjoon sulks. He's definitely not happy with how his father promised to bake them cookies if they can fix the fridge door.

"Namjoon. Don't, touch the fridge." The old man warned before walking off with Jimin, who gave him a sympathetic look.

"Namjoon, can you pass me the screwdriver?" Hoseok calls out without looking at the addressed boy. Namjoon hums and gets up, grabbing the screwdriver from the toolbox before making his way over to the two boys.

Just as Hoseok grabs on the tip of the screwdriver, a rather loud thud is heard, making both him and Taehyung look over. Hoseok sighs, exasperated when his eyes land on the handle of the screwdriver he's holding, freely rolling away from him.

"Really, Namjoon? Really?"

__

"Now tell me, young man. What has been bothering you?" Donghoon questions as he and Jimin both sit down on the porch of the house. Jimin stares straight ahead at the forest, which is oddly very familiar to him. He knows both the way in and out and is familiar with every road and shortcut.

"I don't know, appa... I just- I don't remember anything from before I wake up, but I get bits and pieces of familiarization. And Taehee... when I saw her cry just now, my heart hurts. I don't even know her, why would I cry for her? I'm so confused, appa. I don't even know-  who am I? Where do I come from? Why am I here? I just-  I just want to know."

Saying this, tears start streaming down his face again. The boy is scared. Of what, he himself doesn't know. But he's scared. Waking up and not knowing anything else other than his own name, he is so lost and vulnerable.

Seeing Jimin in this state hurts Donghoon too, even though he's only met the boy two weeks ago, he has obviously taken a liking towards the kind, selfless boy. Gently patting on the boy's back, he moves closer to him and says in a soft tone,

"Jimin-ah, listen to me. From now on, you don't have to care about anything else. From now on,  you're my son, alright? You're a Park now. Park Jimin. " Jimin's eyes widen at the man's words.

"R-really? I'm really a P-Park?" His voice is shaky as he spoke, his eyes are filled with hope. Donghoon nods and smiles at the boy, who later pulls him into a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"Jimin is now crying even more. His happy tears stream down across the wide smile he has on his face. His heart feels warm. This is what he wanted.

A home, where he belongs.

__

It was in the middle of the night when the couple quietly left the house after making sure that everyone fell asleep. With Jungkook leading the way, they arrive at where Jimin's corpse was buried not long after.

"Jagiya, give me the shovel." The boy says and stretches his hand out. Taehee is hesitant as she passes him the shovel.

"Oppa, I don't think this is a good idea." She states, her hand and body shaking in both nervousness and the cold of the night. Jungkook looks over at her rubbing her palms against her arms, attempting on warming herself up and walks over to give her a hug.

"But jagi, there's no other way to prove that he really is Jimin. We have to do this. It's now or never." He says in a soothing voice as he caresses her hair gently. She holds onto him tighter before nodding her head and releasing herself from the hug.

Jungkook gives her a small smile and turns around to start digging, trying not to mislocate the headstone in the process. Taehee watches from behind while she chews on her nails in nervousness.

What if whatever's in there isn't what they're expecting to see? What do they expect to find in there anyway? Now that she thought about it, she couldn't see the point of digging up a grave. They're merely disrespecting the deceased.

Shaking her head in frustration, she was about to tell Jungkook to stop only to see that he's already pulling the small, home-made coffin out.

"Okay, now that's done. You ready? Jagi?" He says as he crouches down and places his palm against the cool, slightly wet wood.

Since he had already pulled the coffin out, she couldn't just tell him to forget it and put it back, can she? Hesitantly, she nods her head and stands still, not really wanting to see what's in there.

Who knows? There could be maggots in there and she definitely doesn't want to see that. And Jimin's corpse too. Seeing that could cause her great pain, and she doesn't want to take the risk.

Jungkook opens the cover and lets out a light gasp. He then frowns as he leans forward to take a closer look. Seeing his reaction only makes Taehee even more nervous than she already is.

"O-ppa?" She calls out silently, only to have Jungkook gesturing for her to come over. Seeing how she stood her ground, Jungkook lets out a light chuckle.

"Don't worry, jagiya. There's no worms or anything you wouldn't want to see in here. Trust me, please?" Sighing, she eventually paces over to the boy and crouches down beside him. She cranes her neck to look into the coffin, only to have her brows furrowed like Jungkook's were.

She was expecting to see bones, but there's none. The coffin is empty, and weirdly, dust and odor-free too.

"H-how..." Jungkook lets out a big sigh and sits down on the ground, his hands pressed against the soil behind him to support his body.

"Maybe the guy is Jimin after all." Emphasizing the 'is', he says and closes his eyes, making Taehee even more confused.

"Look closely, jagiya."

She squints her eyes and moves her face closer to the coffin. It took her a while, but eventually, she saw it. A very small, but beautiful carving of one single word right in the middle.

Renewed