18

"What was that?" His voice is soft as he asks. His expression shows no anger, only hurt and weariness. Ashamed, Taehee lowers her head.

"It's not what it looks like. He just reached his hand out to me, and I couldn't reject him..." She knows it sounds absurd. She was ready for him to throw a fit, to curse and walk away. But he hugged her instead. He hugs her so tightly that she can barely breathe. His brows are furrowed, the hurt expression still on his face.

"Please don't leave me. Please." His voice came out as a mere whisper, almost cracking as he buries his face in her shoulder.

"Without you, I'd have nothing else, so please stay with me Taehee-yah." At this point, she is almost crying. Now, she hates herself for everything she has ever felt for other men.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I'm so sorry." With that, the two stood outside, hugging each other as if there's no one else in the world.

And Jimin heard.

He heard everything, and he couldn't decide if he is relieved or sad. Sighing, he grabs onto the two bags on the ground and drags them along with him to his bed, later propping himself on it.

"I should really stop thinking so much." He mumbles and smiles sadly to himself. 

Jiminie pabo. He sighs, covering his eyes with his arm.

Just when the boy thought that he can finally let everything go. Just when he thought he can finally stop being selfish, he's feeling all those emotions again.

What do I do now?

"Jimin?" The familiar voice made Jimin sit up abruptly.

"Jin hyung? Why are you here?" He asks with his eyes wide open and mouth agape, which makes the older frown.

"What? You don't want me here?" He asks as he cocks one of his eyebrows.

"N-no! No hyung, I'm glad you're here! I was just- I just thought- I just thought you're still working!" Jin laughs. He laughs at Jimin's very much amusing reaction which made the latter look at him weirdly.

"Uh... hyung...?" 

"Oh gosh, Jimin, I was just kidding!" He says with a grin that Jimin thought could probably kill half of the female population.

"What happened to that though?" Jin says as he points at the two bags on the ground. 

They're completely ruined. There are pieces of bread and lettuce which Jin thinks used to be the sandwiches, strings of noodles and sauces all over the place, and also cups that only has half of the drink left.

If it were Taehyung or Namjoon, Jin would've been so mad.

Sighing, the older crouches down to clean up the mess and exits the room, coming back later with a bottle of water.

"Hyung, I'm sorry." The boy knows how much the older loves food, and he is so sure that he's at least a little mad.

"It's okay, Jimin-ah. I'll just go get you something else." Jin sighs and turn to leave, but Jimin stops him.

"Hyung, it's fine! I-"

"No, Jiminie. You need to eat. Just wait patiently, okay? I'll be back soon." He says and left after showing him a kind smile. Jimin leans back against the bed and closes his eyes. That's when it hits him.

Where's Jungkook and Taehee? His thoughts are immediately interrupted by a light knock on his door.

It soon reveals the same young nurse who was assigned to treat him. She smiles at him and enters, closing the door gently behind her.

"I'm sorry for bothering you. I'm just here to check up on your IV, I'll leave immediately once I'm done with it." Jimin smiles and nods at her, his eyes following her movements as she makes a beeline to his bedside.

"So I've heard that you're here because of anxiety? Is everything okay now?" She asks, but not looking at him as she works.

"Mm. I'm not sure anymore." Jimin says with a sad smile as he stares up at the ceiling. Unknowingly, he starts talking about everything that had been on his mind. All the self-conflict and insecurity. How he doesn't know what to do with his feelings. The young nurse listened quietly, nodding occasionally at him to show that she's paying attention.

"Ah... I think I talk too much." Jimin chuckles after he finishes. The nurse only smiles at him.

"Not at all! I'm glad you're open about this because venting it out like this can make you feel better." 

The boy hums, "Thank you..."

"You can call me Nari." She says with a smile.

"Thank you, Nari-shii." The boy too grins at her.

"Ah, I'm late for my next appointment!" She frowns a little when she notices the clock on the wall. "I should get going."

"Oh, I'm sorry for holding you back." The boy apologizes, feeling a little guilty.

"No, no. It's perfectly fine! I guess I'll just see you next time then." She makes her way to the door, about to leave but stops on her track and turns around with a huge grin.

"And by the way, I think if you really like that person, you should let her know."