박지민, pt. 1

"Jeon Jungkook!" Taehee's voice echoes through the air, and Jungkook turns around with wide eyes. "Taehee?"

She doesn't need to say anything. She just runs into his arms, her hands reaching around to grab fists full of his loose white t-shirt as she clings onto him. A small smile plays on his lips as he drops the duffle bag he was holding and hugs her tightly.

Jimin feels a pang of pain in his heart as he watches from afar. So in the end, she chose Jungkook, huh?

Namjoon shifts to pat him on his back with a little smile on his face, which Jimin returns with a sad one.

"Let's go home, kiddo."

__

Everyone was present at the dining table except Jimin and of course, Jungkook. Jimin had things going through his head and had completely lost his appetite. After informing Jin and Namjoon, he pulls on a coat and heads outside to a place which holds a number of precious memories here in Seoul --the park.

There are millions of thoughts going through his head and yet at the same time, he feels blank; numb even. He should be happy for them, right? Now that Jungkook had won fair and square, he should be happy for them. But deep inside, he's still hurt. 

The fact that the girl he loves chose someone else over him. It hurts. 

He exhales and watches as his breath turns into mists in the cold air. And then, he remembers his time in the woods. The cold, the loneliness, and sometimes even hunger. It's all just a distant memory now, and he should be grateful. Grateful that he is human, and he is constantly being showered with love. He smiles to himself,

It's good to be human.

Suddenly, he feels a little tug on his over-sized coat and turns around, only to have his eyes widen in surprise.

"Taehee?" The girl gives him a gentle smile, "Hey, Jiminie."

"What are you doing out here?" The boy asks with his brows raised, and she looks down, loosening her grip on his coat. 

"I um... followed you here." The two stands in silence, not really knowing what to say. Jimin's gaze on her later softens, he smiles.

"So... things are going well with Kookie, hm?" Jimin was expecting a grin, or maybe a bright smile. But no, her face only showed confusion as her eyebrows knit together. "What do you mean?"

"Um, aren't you and Jungkook back together?" Now Jimin is puzzled. Aren't they? I thought they-

"What? No, Jiminie. No." She laughs, "We're not going back together."

"W-Why...?"

"Because... Because I love you, Jimin." She looks away from him then, too embarrassed to look straight into his eyes. "I love you."

Jimin stands frozen, his eyes wide despite how dry they already are and his mouth hangs open. His brain can't seem to process the words that he just heard. 

I love you. 

All this time, after all the pain, struggle, this was the moment he had been waiting for. 

"...What?"

"I said, I-" 

Jimin hugs her tightly, burying his face into her shoulder. The feeling of joy is so overwhelming, it brought tears to his eyes.

Finally.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou." He mumbles into her shoulder.

"Thank you so much." 

Just like back then, how he shared his body warmth with hers under the moonlight, she shared hers with him under the street lights. 

Except this time, Jimin's wish is finally granted.

__

"Jin hyung! Stop squealing for God's sake you're gonna get us caught!" Namjoon complains, frowning at his hyung who is literally fangirling.

"I can't! Oh my gosh, look at them! They look so adorable together I just-"

"Hyung! Stop it!" Namjoon grabs onto his hyung's arm and pulls him back down behind the bush. "Do you not remember Jimin was a fox? His senses are a lot sharper than ours, he'll hear you!"

"Alright! Alright! I get it!" Jin hisses and slowly pokes his head back out, only to see that the couple had disappeared.

"What?! Where are they?!" He whisper-yells. Namjoon groans and follows his action.

"Did they leave?"

Ding

Namjoon looks down at his phone with a little frown, and later facepalms himself.

Jiminie 🦊🍊

"Hyung, you might want to keep it down a little the next time you sneak up on people. 😅"

Ding

"Oh! And also, don't bring Jin hyung with you! ❤❤"