24

Jungkook clenches onto his shirt as he slides down against the bedroom door.

His heart hurts. It hurts so bad that he can barely breathe. He saw how Taehee's eyes watered as Jimin back hugs her. He saw the way she smiled a little at him as she mutters an apology. He also saw how he held her hand as he pulled her to walk back home together. And he absolutely hates how he couldn't go up ahead and punch the boy across his face.

Was he being a coward? Was he being a weakling who lets his own girl leave him? Why can't he do it when he had such a strong urge to do so?

Maybe it's the look on her face. The hesitating look.

Maybe she somehow fell in love with Jimin, the fox she had adored so much. Maybe she fell out of love with him. Maybe... she doesn't want him anymore.

Jungkook doesn't remember the last time he cried this hard.

After all those years of loving her, how come it's all coming to this? How come her love for him doesn't last? How come she's slipping out of his grasp so quickly? How come Jimin's presence became a threat to their relationship?

Why?

Is my love not enough?

Am I not good enough?

Taehee-yah, 

Why...?

And he continued crying throughout the night. He didn't know.

He didn't know that a breaking heart would hurt so much.

__

What does it feel like to return home and be told that your boyfriend had left the house, saying that he needed some time alone?

Horrible.

There's a huge possibility that Jungkook had gone to the park to look for her out of worry, only to see her walking away with another boy. Taehee could only imagine how heartbroken Jungkook is, and it hurts her a lot.

And who was it to blame? No one but herself.

Now that Jimin confessed, she becomes more unsure of her own feelings. The uncertainty is eating her alive.

"Did you two fight?" Jin asks, obviously worried as he pushes a glass of chocolate milk across the table to her.

"No..." She sighs, not forgetting to thank the older before sipping on the warm milk. Jin, of course, noticed how tired her eyes are. Her skin isn't as bright as before too, which brought a frown to his face.

"Taehee-yah, Did something happen? You can tell me everything. You know I'm good at keeping secrets." She quietly debates the risks of having Jin think of her as some harlot. 

But she told him anyway. How her heart is all messed up. How Jimin confessed to her about his feelings. The possible reason why Jungkook ran away. 

And how she might have developed feelings for Jimin.

Jin can tell how conflicted she is just by her voice. It must've been hard for all of them. However, he knows that at this point, he doesn't have the right to interfere. This is for the three of them to sort out, and all he could do is lend a listening ear. So, he pulls the girl into a comforting hug while stroking her hair, telling her that everything's going to be fine.

Everything's gonna be okay soon, right?

__

For the past 4 hours, she waited for Jungkook to return. But he never did. 

Pacing around the living room, she takes continuous glances at the clock hung on the wall and her phone.  

Why isn't he coming back?

She sighs and drops herself onto the couch with her head hung low and her legs hugged to her chest. Her actions woke Taehyung, who sleeps in the living room with Hoseok. He rubs his tired eyes and blinked a few times to make out Taehee's worried form on the single seat sofa.

"Taehee?" He calls out, his voice hoarse and dry. "Taehee, why aren't you asleep yet? It's late."

And then, he heard it. She's crying. She tried her hardest not to, but to no avail. It was her fault after all. Worried, Taehyung moves over to her.

"Taehee-yah, what's wrong?" He frowns as he gently pats her on her back.

"J-Jungk-ook. W-why isn't h-he back y-et?" She asks between hiccups. The older male glances up at the clock at her question.

2:27 a.m.

Then, his frown deepens, if that's even possible. He huffs and gently hoists the girl up, guiding her to her bedroom.

"You should go to sleep. I'll call him, okay?" After he closes the door to her room, he wastes no time to pull his phone out, scrolling through his contacts for Jungkook's number. 

The abrupt opening of the front door startled him, making him stop his actions. He cautiously moves towards the door and breathes out a breath of relief.

"Yah, where have you been? Taehee's worried about you, you know?" The brunette scolds softly, but Jungkook seemed to have blocked his voice out as he only made his way to the bedroom with his head hung low. Taehyung blinks at the door and sighs,

Being Jin hyung isn't fun at all.

__

After washing her face, Taehee drags her weary self out of the bathroom. Just in time to see Jungkook enter. Her eyes widen at the boy's sudden appearance, and she feels the rock being lifted off her shoulders.

"Jungkook-" She pauses. Jungkook had looked up and smiled at her, but his features had completely broken her heart. His eyes are red and puffy with evident eye bags under them. His ears are red, probably from the cold. And his cheeks are marked with dried tear stains. He looks so tired, but he still tries his best to smile his signature bunny smile at her.

"Taehee-yah." He walks over, grabs her hand and pulls her into a hug with a force he had never used. His hug wasn't the usual gentle, loving hug. It was a tight hug, as if he was afraid that if he let go, she would shatter, disappear. And it makes her worry.

"Taehee-yah..." He repeats as he buries his face into her shoulder, later wetting her shirt with his tears which once again flowed without his consent.

"Taehee..." He doesn't stop whispering her name, however, the way he said it was almost painful. She couldn't help but get teary as well.

What happened? What's wrong? Is everything okay?  She wanted to ask, but the lump stuck in her throat had stopped her from doing so.

After a while, Jungkook finally stops. But he still hugs her close to him, cherishing every single second they stay together. He pulls away when he's finally ready. All the thoughts he had had, all the crying he went through, it was all for the sake of everyone. For the sake of the girl he loves. For the sake of himself. And so, he takes in a deep breath and closes his eyes, only opening them after he manages to muster up a sad smile.

"Taehee-yah, let's... Let's break up."

A/N: IASDANLJEFNAJNF JUNGKOOKKK ಥ_ಥ 

PS: Did you guys really not notice that this book is noT a Jimin Fanfic?