6

"Be honest with me, kids. Who sneaked out of the house last night?"Donghoon asks calmly with his hands resting on his waist as he eyes the youngsters standing in a line before him.

Jimin had told him about the noise he heard yesterday, and almost immediately, the man called everyone in the house down to gather in the living room. Nervous and slightly afraid, Jungkook moves forward and gulps down the lump in his throat before looking the man in his eyes.

"It was me, abeoji." Not letting Jungkook bear all the responsibilities alone, Taehee shifts forward and stands alongside Jungkook, who had slightly widened his eyes at his girlfriend's actions.

"It was the both of us, abeoji. We're willing to receive any type of punishment we deserve." Donghoon only sighed at the couple, shaking his head with a small smile.

"You two really remind me of my past, you know? Alright, follow me to the backyard. We need to have a little talk. As for the others, you can go back to what you were doing." He says and proceeds to the destination, the two following behind quietly.

Everyone in the room heaves a sigh of relief when the three finally disappear into the backyard, taking the tension that had once filled the room along with them.

"I thought I'm in trouble." Taehyung squeezes his eyes shut with a grin, making the two older boys eye him suspiciously.

"Tae, what did you do this time?" Namjoon narrows his eyes at the boy, who only playfully shrugs before running back to his room to continue bothering Jin through the phone. Hoseok can't help but shake his head in dismay at the boy's never-ending childish acts,

"I just hope it's not the ice cream."

__

"Mind explaining why you two left the house yesterday?" The man questions as he leans against a pole.

Shifting his weight from his right foot onto his left and vice versa, Jungkook stands in his own pool of cold sweat at the question. He doesn't want to lie, but he doesn't want the respected man to think that he's lost his mind either. While he was still debating with himself on what to say, his girlfriend had already spoken up.

"Actually, abeoji. I know this sounds crazy, and I don't know if you'd believe me, but I think Jimin, he used to be... a fox." The girl mentally scoffs at her own words.

Yeah, good job Taehee. Now abeoji probably thinks you're a crazy fairy tale addict.

"I know." Donghoon's calm, collected tone has the two gawk at him.

"Y-you know?" Jungkook stutters.

"Of course. He's been with me long enough for me to notice." The man shrugs nonchalantly like this isn't something bizarre.

"And what exactly does this have to do with your disappearance yesterday? Did you two do something?" He cocks one of his brows as he eyes the two, who shares a look before turning back to him.

"We know the Jimin in fox form. We're actually close to him, in fact. So when we saw the necklace the guy is wearing, we had our suspicions. We... actually went to dig his grave up to make sure. That's why we went out yesterday."

Donghoon frowns at his words.

"You did? What did you find in there?" Also expecting to hear the word 'bones', he raises his brows when Jungkook said, "Nothing other than a carving on the board." instead.

"It was 'renewed'. So we're pretty sure he's Jimin. There's no way someone could dig up the grave and put it back in so flawlessly. That guy must be Jimin." Jungkook's voice is firm and filled with confidence as he speaks, clearing away Donghoon's suspicion.

"Alright then. What are you planning to do now that you know about it?"

"I want him to remember." Taehee's sudden voice made Jungkook turn his head to look at her, his heart aches when he sees her eyes. They are filled with sadness as a slight pout start to form on her lips.

"I really do." She mumbles and looks down at her feet. Donghoon smiles sadly and inches closer to pat her on her head.

"I understand. But we have to be patient, little one. Jimin's not emotionally stable, we can't tell him about this just yet. Just be patient and wait for a little more? Give him some time?" She nods lightly to this and smiles. Jungkook too moves over to pull her into a hug, which Donghoon responds with a shake of his head and a barely audible, "Ahh... young love."

"Alright kids, let's not stay out for too long. You don't wanna be the mosquitoes' food do you?" The man chuckles and turns to walk back into the house, giving the lovebirds some private space he thought they would need.

"Jagiya, you won't leave me after Jimin remembers right?" Jungkook mumbles against her hair with his eyes closed, appreciating her presence. Taehee's arms around his torso tighten as she presses her cheek harder against his chest.

"Are you stupid? You know I won't ever leave you." She slowly pries herself off and smiles,

"I'll be in the kitchen working on my cookies." She gives Jungkook a light peck on his lips before disappearing into the house.

Jungkook stood outside for a good five minutes. His eyes stayed on the door blankly, but in his heart is an uneasy feeling.

I'm sorry, Taehee-yah. But I'm scared. Scared that you'll leave me for him.