16

"Yes, this is pronounced as 'a', but once you add this, it becomes..?"

"Ya."

"That's right! Good job! You really catch on quick!" Taehee claps her hands excitedly, making the boy grin.

"What's making my girl so happy?" Jungkook's voice is heard followed by the clicking of the door handle.

Somehow, seeing the boy always give Jimin this weird feeling in his chest. Something resembling a heavy object pressed against his rib cage.

"Ah, oppa! I'm just teaching Jimin Hangul. He's a very fast learner, so I just got excited!" Jungkook turns to look at Jimin at her words and smiles. He reaches his hand out to pat her gently on her head. Then, he mutters something under his breath which only Jimin is able to hear.

"You're so cute."

The boy is starting to feel more and more uncomfortable now, a burning feeling slowly bubbles up in his chest. Right then, one single thought crossed his mind.

Don't touch her.

The feeling of dominance is strong. It's like when he's a fox again, not allowing any other beings to touch anything that belongs to him. But, Taehee is not his. She is Jungkook's girlfriend, and he has no right to feel that way.

Disgusting, Park Jimin. You're disgusting. If they know about this, they will be so disappointed.

"I think you guys should go. You should spend more time with your boyfriend." He suggests with a forced smile on his face. The two looks at him, doubtful expressions on their faces.

"But Jimin-ah-"

"It's fine, Taehee. Besides, I'm feeling a little tired too. I would like to rest a little. Since Jungkook is here, you should go enjoy yourself with him." With a few slow nods, the couple slowly moves to the exit, flashing Jimin smiles and waves before stepping out and leaving the boy alone in the white room.

Sighing to himself, Jimin lays back down and stares at the ceiling. If he was never a fox, would everything be different? Would he have met Taehee? Would she have fallen for him instead? All the ifs flooding into his head only makes him more tired than he already is.

Maybe you should just listen to Jin hyung, Jimin-ah. That was the last thing he thought to himself before drifting off into a deep slumber.

__

"Park Jimin." A deep yet soothing voice calls out, searching for him. His eyes shoot wide open as he looks up and around, the voice awfully familiar to his ears.

"G-God..?" The word came out as a mere whisper, coated with doubt and uncertainty. It's dark and cold here as if he's surrounded by nothingness. However oddly, he feels no fear.

"Yes, child. Come to me." The voice replied. Jimin squints his eyes in confusion,

How am I supposed to do that when I can't even see where I am?

As if He heard the boy's thoughts, the voice spoke again. "Just go where your heart takes you, child." And then, he began moving not knowing where he'll end up being. Heck, he doesn't even know why he's here in the first place. Did he die?

A shiver runs down his spine at the thought. Did he really overthink and die of exhaustion?

"Jimin." The said boy looks up as his name was called and immediately covers his eyes with his hands. He is now, suddenly, in a very bright space. It's the exact opposite of what he experienced just now. There's only white and nothing else. He looks around and rubs his tired eyes.

Did I do something wrong? Is this my punishment?

"You're not dead, Jimin. You're just in deep sleep." It's the same voice. Confused, the boy looks around again.

"W-who are you?"

"You already know the answer to that. I'm the one who granted your wish." To this, he instinctively bows with his eyes sealed tightly shut.

"I will forever be grateful for that! Thank you!"  The voice turns into a chuckle,

"You're welcome, child. Now, stand up straight." Jimin obligated, only to squint his eyes a little at the brightness.

"Where am I?" He asks with a small voice.

"Physically, you are still in the hospital. Spiritually, you are here with me. Now, you need not worry, you'll be able to go back. I just want to see you."  Jimin subconsciously gulped at the words.

"You... wanted to see me?"

"Yes, indeed. Loosen up, you have done nothing wrong, child." Heaving a sigh of relief, Jimin smiles brightly, small wrinkles forming at the corner of his eyes.

"How are your days on earth, Jimin?"

"Um, I'm pretty sure you already know." He says with a chuckle.

"I can indeed see you struggling about your feelings." To this, the smile on the boy's face evidently turns sad. 

"I just- I just... don't know what is right anymore. I know I should be grateful for being able to see her again, but I just can't help but want more." he pauses and sighs, looking down on his feet.

"I thought I would be happy just by seeing her smile, seeing her live happily. But now, I'm not sure anymore. What should I do? I really just, I'm really disappointed in myself..." Silence. No one spoke even though Jimin can still feel His presence. 

"All you need to do is love her to the fullest." The voice made Jimin look up at nothing with his eyes widening.

"That is your true desire, isn't it? It doesn't mean you have to be with her. Just appreciate your time with her, and you'll be able to live your life to the fullest." As the words slowly sink in, a grin slowly makes its way onto Jimin's face.

"I suppose you're right. Thank you." The voice turns into a low pitched laugh once again, soothing for Jimin's ears.

"You're welcome, child. Now, it's time to go. All the best, Park Jimin."

Jimin wakes up with a gasp as he held onto his chest with heavy breaths. The smell of medicine. The white room. He's back again. He heaves a heavy sigh and falls back onto the bed with a smile. Then, the door of his room swings open, revealing Taehee who holds a few plastic bags in her hands.

"Ah, good morning, Jimin! Look, I brought food!" She grins and wiggles the plastic bags in her hands around. A smile makes way onto Jimin's face.

You're right. I shall love her. I shall love her with all my heart.