4

When Taehee suddenly grabs onto his arms and stares into his eyes, Jimin's face flushes even more than it already has since he just came out of a hot shower.

Jungkook stands behind Taehee, an uncomfortable feeling creeps up his chest as he watches his girlfriend close to another male.

Taehee seems to have ignored how Jimin's now transparent shirt is tightly hugging onto his well-built body, his hair is still wet with a towel draped over them. Any other girl would've swooned over him, but all she wanted to do is to check and make sure he is who Jungkook told her he is.

And perhaps. Just perhaps. Jungkook is right. Because in those brown orbs, she saw the same innocence. Except now, they're slightly different.

No more love and affection.

She sighs and slowly moves away, only to catch a glimpse of silver on the boy's neck. Her eyes slightly widened at the familiar necklace.

"This... where did you get this?" Gently, she runs her fingers across the words engraved on the silver little tag.

'Jimin'

"U-uh... I really don't know. I was already wearing it when I woke up." Scratching his head, he takes a step back to further their distance as it made him feel flustered and uncomfortable. His heart is beating so fast it felt like it's going to break and run out of his rib cage.

When tears start pooling in Taehee's eyes, Jimin starts panicking inside. Not knowing what to do, he cranes his neck to look over at Jungkook, who later moves forward to grab Taehee on her shoulder.

"Jagiya, come on, let's go back to our room." He says softly and leads Taehee to their bedroom, throwing Jimin a sad smile before they both disappear from his sight. And Jimin just stood there, slightly dumbfounded. As he slowly comes back to his senses, a stinging pain conquers his heart. Not knowing how or why, he clenches onto his chest and crouches down; without himself even realizing, he's already crying.

Why am I crying? Why does my heart hurt? What is this emotion? Is it because I've hurt her?

Yeah. Maybe, maybe I've hurt her.

"Jimin? What happened?!" A deep voice calls out from across the room, which follows by heavy footsteps that coming towards him. He doesn't need to look up to learn who that deep voice belongs to.

"Jimin-ah, are you okay?" Gently patting him on his back, Namjoon attempts to look at his face with a worried expression. However, Jimin only turns away, not wanting anyone to see him in such a vulnerable state.

"Jimin-ah... Talk to me..." Not getting the response he wanted, Namjoon sighs deeply and ruffles his purple hair. With another pat on the boy's shoulder, he slowly gets up and walks over to the kitchen.

"I'll just... go get you some ice cream." He glances at Jimin one last time before turning to leave.

When Jimin thought he was alone, he finally uncovers his face. With red eyes and tears staining his now red cheeks, he slowly stands up to head to the bathroom.

"Jimin?" This voice immediately made Jimin straighten his back. With his back still facing his beloved savior, he lets out a low hum, not wanting the man to hear his raspy voice.

"Jimin-ah. Turn around." The commanding voice sends shivers down Jimin's spine. He's almost afraid as if he had done something unforgivably wrong.

Hesitantly, he slowly turns around to meet his now so-called father's eyes. Seeing the young man's tear-stained face, worry tinted Donghoon's features as he makes his way over.

"What's wrong, Jimin? Why were you crying?" He says as he holds onto both Jimin's arms.

"I-I don't know, Appa. I really don't know." Jimin looks down at his feet in shame.

Because to him, crying represents weakness.

"Listen, Jimin. It's okay to cry. You don't have to hide it. You don't have to be ashamed of it. Okay? Now, let's go somewhere nice, and let's talk about your problems, hm? What do you say?" The man's soothing voice had definitely made him feel much better. Slowly nodding his head, a soft smile forms on his lips as he follows the man.

But just as they were about to exit the house, a loud bang erupts from the kitchen, making the two jump.

Rushing, they both arrive at the kitchen, only to see Namjoon holding the fridge door with his face twisted into a sour look. When his eyes meet the duo, he scrunches his face in embarrassment before turning to them again with a cheeky smile.

"I uh... I think I might've broken the fridge door."

__

Upon entering their room, Taehee sits on the edge of their bed as she covers her face with her hands. It really hurts Jungkook to see her in this state. He walks over to her and pulls her into a comforting hug while he hums a song his hyungs recently composed. His singing always soothes her. As he gently pats her back, both her tears and shaking gradually stops.

"That's my girl." He smiles his signature bunny smile at her, making her giggle at her boyfriend's cuteness.

"That necklace. It's Jimin's. I'm sure of it." She sighs and pushes her hair back, a sad look on her face.

"Maybe you're right, oppa. Maybe he is Jimin." She says, emphasizing the 'is'. She shifts a little on the bed. Surely, she had missed Jimin. An awful lot. And now that there's a possibility that the new boy they've met could be Jimin, she starts feeling anxious instead. What if Jimin hates her for indirectly killing him? What if he resents her for not protecting him?  For letting him leave and for not giving him the love and attention he deserves?

She's afraid.

 "But... I think we still need to make sure that he really is Jimin. What if he's just another guy who had the same name?" Jungkook stares at her to see what she has to say about his idea. Even though Taehee couldn't be surer that the necklace belongs to her Jimin, Jungkook is right somehow. What if they were wrong about him?  

She slowly nods at him. This is when the important question comes in.

"But... how are we going to confirm? What is there to prove that he really is Jimin?" Puzzled, she stares at Jungkook who has his hand resting under his chin. Let's not forget that Jeon Jungkook is called the one and only golden maknae for a reason. It didn't take him long before he comes up with a solution.

Even though it's not a very decent one.

"I have an idea, but you might not like this one." He says with a small, weird smile. She stares at him with a questioning look, raising her eyebrows.

"What is it?" Seeing how Jungkook is hesitating, a bad feeling slowly grows in her. Even so, she patiently waits for him to speak.

"We dig up his grave."