7

Jimin's head has been hurting. Every time he sees something that felt familiar, his head would hurt before he gets bits and pieces of memories that is somehow seen in a weird POV.

His fear has now turned into frustration. What is happening? Why is this happening? What are those memories? Are they even his? He wants answers to all of his questions.

Today, it happened again. When he walked into the kitchen to get some water and he saw Taehee there, baking. He groans silently at the pain and holds onto the dining table to prevent himself from stumbling. Blinking his eyes a few times, he tugs on his hair, hoping for the pain to subside quickly.

"Jimin? Jimin-ah! Are you okay?!" Seeing him in this state made Taehee abandon her task to rush over to him.

"Oh- gosh! Here, sit down first." She pulls one of the chairs out and ushers him to sit as she gently massages his head. Her touch subsides his headache a little, and slowly, he relaxes under her touch. Right at this time, Jungkook walks into the kitchen.

"Jagiya, Taetae hyung is asking if the cookies are-" He stops mid-sentence at the sight of his girlfriend, giving Jimin a head massage. His stomach turns in the discomfort of jealousy.

"Um.. what is happening here?" He asks with a frown as he makes his way closer to the two.

"Jimin was having a major headache. I'm just trying to make him feel better." Jimin nods reassuringly at Jungkook, who forces a smile on his face.

"O-oh. Okay then. Ah, jagi, Taetae hyung was asking if the cookies are done."

"Oh! Yeah, just wait for another 10 minutes and it'll be done! I'll go check on them now." Immediately after her fingers leave his temples, Jimin misses her warmth. And again, his head starts throbbing.

Why is her warmth so familiar?

Then, it hits him. The vision of Taehee, fluffing an orange haired creature on the sofa. He groans and leans against the table, squeezing his eyes shut.

Jungkook notices. He slides into the seat in front him and rests his hand against his shoulder.

"Hey, man. Are you alright?" Even though he wasn't very happy with how close Taehee seem to be with the boy before him, Jungkook is genuinely concerned. Seeing how Jimin curls up in his seat made him feel uncomfortable too.

"I-I guess I should make you a cup of coffee. It might help you feel better. What do you say?" At Jimin's weak nodding, the boy smiles before moving to finish his task.

"Taetae oppa! The cookies are ready!" Taehee calls out happily, and Hoseok and Taehyung both stumble their way into the kitchen with wide smiles on their faces while Namjoon follows behind.

"Wah! Are these chocolate chip?!" Taehyung exclaims excitedly and pulls her into a bear hug while he shouts, "You're the best!" Earning himself glares from both Jungkook and Namjoon.

"Can you quiet down a little? Jimin's not feeling well, you might make it worse for him!" Namjoon groans and rolls his eyes at the grinning boy, who soon apologizes to Jimin and continues munching on the cookies happily.

"Here, Chim. Drink some." Jungkook says softly and places the mug on the table beside the addressed boy.

The word 'Chim' caught his attention. The same feeling of familiarization crowds his mind, making his already throbbing head feel worse. Weakly, he raises his head and gives Jungkook a grateful smile before pulling the mug close to his lips, taking small, tiny sips of the coffee.

The boy quietly watches the others' interactions. Taehee and Donghoon are laughing at Hoseok, who is now shouting at Taehyung who made a huge mess on the table. And he wonders if he'll ever be able to blend in. If he'll ever truly be a part of this family.

"Jimin-ah, are you okay?" A deep voice rings in his ears, making him look to his side to see Namjoon beside him, a concerned expression on his face.

"Oh, um. Yeah, it doesn't hurt that much anym-"

"That's not what I mean." Namjoon cuts the boy off. Confused, Jimin has his brows furrowed.

"You've been frowning since the day we met, Jimin. Is something bothering you?" Namjoon sighs, his expression softening at how exhausted Jimin looks.

"O-oh. I'm fine, Namjoon-sshi. I was just wondering if I'll ever be able to blend in here. Somehow, I feel like I'm intruding." He says with a sad smile, which Namjoon responses with a friendly pat on his shoulder.

"What are you talking about? Of course, you will. You're part of us now. I heard about abeoji adopting you. Since that's going to happen, no more Namjoon-sshi. It's Namjoon hyung for you, got it?" The eye smile that slowly forms on the boy's face as he nods reassuringly had Namjoon's heart feel warm. He knows it all so well. How the feeling of loneliness and being an outcast felt. How desperate one can be for even just a little bit of love and attention. It's a horrible feeling, and to him, nobody should ever feel that way.

"Don't just watch from afar. You should talk more so you can get closer to everyone." Namjoon smiles at him one last time before moving to stand up and walk back to his room to work on his music. "I'll be in my room if you need me." He chimes before disappearing into his room.

Jimin watches as Namjoon does so, a smile subconsciously creeps onto his face as his eyes shifts back onto the laughing mess before him. It is that moment when nothing else mattered. When he purely enjoys himself just with the presence of someone else.

It's the first time he had ever feel so happy as a human.