prologue

In this story I have a nickname that Rachel ONLY  let's Finn use for her because there so close just wanted you guys to know in case you get confused?

‘You’re so beautiful’ Finn whispered in her ear as they danced to the soft tunes of the final song at their senior prom. It still felt a little surreal to Rachel that she was there, in the arms of her best friend and the man she knew she would love for the rest of her life. 

‘Thank you’ she blushed which caused Finn to chuckle it never ceased to amaze him that she could still blush when he complimented her. 

To the outside world, the people they had gone to school with everyday Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry were just two best friends dancing. They weren’t a couple; in fact the two of them had both been in relationships with other people until a few weeks before prom. 

But as Finn moved Rachel around in his arms on the dance floor they both knew they weren’t just two friends sharing the most wonderful night of their life together, it was just so much more than that. 

‘Come on’ he whispered to her as the final notes of the song faded out. He took her hand and began to lead her outside to where the limousine he had organized for the night would be waiting. They had started their night with dinner at Chez Pierre with their closest friends Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel who were all couples, before coming to Prom and Finn had no plans for the night to end anytime soon. 

‘Where are we going?’ Rachel asked him as they climbed into the limousine. 

‘It’s a surprise’ he smiled back before leaning into leave a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth. 

‘I like surprises’ she whispered huskily. 

‘I know you do’ he smirked as his head leaned back into to meet hers. 

The first touch of their lips was tentative, they had kissed before but tonight it meant so much more. 

Finn gently caressed his lips against hers before pulling her lower lip into his mouth. Rachel wasted no time plunging her tongue into his mouth after that action and the kiss instantly turned more passionate. Before long Finn had pulled Rachel onto his lap where the kiss continued, the two of them only stopping long enough to breathe. 

‘Sir, we’re here’ the driver informed them when they had reached their destination and although Finn was reluctant to stop the drug inducing kisses with Rachel he was excited to move them to a more private location and see her reaction to the surprise he had planned. 

Most of the “couples” at West Roswell would be staying in the suites at Country Club that night where Finn had no doubt there would be a lot of drinking, drugs and sex, things he certainly didn’t want to be involved in when he spent the night with his heart. So after remembering Rachel mention how much she wanted to stay here before he had decided to book a room there. 

After getting out of the car Finn offered a hand to Rachel and helped her out. He wasn’t disappointed when he heard her gasp when she realised where had had brought her. 

‘The B&B’ she cried. For as long as she could remember it had always been Rachel's fantasy to spend the night in a B&B, and since it was Rachel's fantasy it was Finn's goal to make it come true. 

Finn thanked the driver before moving to stand behind Rachel and take her back into his arms; he would never forget how right she felt in them. 

‘Thank you’ she whispered arching her neck for another kiss. 

‘Anything for you El’ he told her, using the familiar name he had used for most of their lives. 

Finn led her slowly to their room, he had already been there earlier in the day to set everything up and drop off the bag that Maria had packed for Rachel. He had wanted everything to be a surprise and Maria had been very helpful.