chapter 7

Finn threw his keys on the table in the kitchen when he entered the apartment an hour later. He was glad to be finished work and had been able to escape Serena with out too much hassle and now he just wanted to check in on Rachel, and make sure she got home alright. 

‘Yeah you like that baby?’ He heard a male voice ask, stopping Finn in his tracks. 

‘Oh yes, Kyle’  felt his heart leave his body then because even if he wasn’t in his apartment he would know that voice and that moan anywhere. It was Rachel in the throes of passion. He had been lucky enough to experience that and now because of his own stupidity someone else was getting to experience it too. 

Walking backwards he stumbled onto the couch and buried his head in his hands letting the sobs that had been mounting up since their argument, out. He couldn’t remember a time that he had cried like he did right then. He knew that life as he dreamed it was now over. Looking back now he realised that he had let his own insecurities and fear stop him from having everything he had always wanted with Rachel. He knew now that he was a coward and he also feared that that cowardice would loose him Rachel forever. 

He wasn’t sure what time it was when he finally stopped crying but the moans from Rachel's room had stopped and he assumed that they had fallen asleep. 

Getting up he made his way to the bathroom, deciding to have a shower before hitting the sack. 

Rachel woke up early the next morning to a throbbing headache. She tried to sit up but found it hard because of the dead weight lying partially on top of her. Opening her eyes she expected to see that Finn had crawled into bed with her last night but when she saw sandy brown hair instead of black she almost screamed. 

Think Rachel she told herself and that’s when the events of the past two days came back to her. Finding out that Finn was with someone else, no not just someone else she reminded herself. Serena Michaels. The date with Kyle the night before where she had drunk way too much and then inviting him into the apartment. Then she remembered what had happened after he had accepted her invitation and she felt the bile rise in her throat. Not worried anymore about waking him up she quickly shoved him off her and ran towards the bathroom.